cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Interesting discussion with ASIS New Zealand

Hi All

An interesting discussion about to commence next week, it appears that ASIS International have approached me about joining with ISC2 and to offer study groups towards gaining CISSP?   They want do this locally within the New Zealand community.

https://www.asis.org.nz/certification

I would be interested in thoughts about this, given that these are Professional Investigators and dealing with mainly Physical Security and Protection programs.  

Is this a good idea?  Or should it go wider into the ISC2 community for ASIS international to approach ISC2 towards Headquarters?  Or has ISC2 been approached already?

Regards

Caute_cautim

2 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@Caute_cautim wrote:

An interesting discussion about to commence next week, it appears that ASIS International have approached me about joining with ISC2 and to offer study groups towards gaining CISSP?   They want do this locally within the New Zealand community.

https://www.asis.org.nz/certification

Is this a good idea?  Or should it go wider into the ISC2 community for ASIS international to approach ISC2 towards Headquarters?  Or has ISC2 been approached already?

I recommend you dive in with both feet. I am not an ASIS member, but have subscribed to their membership magazine Security Management, for about a decade. ASIS is a well established, highly respected professional organization that grew from the physical security side of private security forces, private investigators, and law enforcement. For several years they have fully recognized information security as a core component of their world, and give full credibility to the CISSP in their magazine, often publishing articles by CISSPs.  

There has been a partnership between ASIS and (ISC)2 in past years, including several years ago when the (ISC)2 Congress and ASIS International Conference took place together in a full partnership. 

I cannot say whether ASIS talked ot (ISC)2 this time.  The old partnership may have withered away. 

You also might check into becoming aan approved training partner with (ISC)2 for conducting this ASIS-sponsored training program.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@CraginS  Thanks for the advice, I will find out more and report back on developments.

Cheers

Caute_cautim