Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

How do we combat this, if the illicit bad community are making more money than legal companies?

According to a new report coming out of the RSA Conference 2018: 

https://www.darkreading.com/vulnerabilities---threats/cybercrime-economy-generates-$15-trillion-a-ye...

"The $1.5 trillion that cybercriminals generate each year includes $860 billion in illicit online markets, $500B in theft of trade secrets and intellectual property, $160B in data trading, $1.6B in crimeware-as-a-service, and $1B in ransomware. Evidence indicates cybercrime often generates more revenue than legitimate companies: large multi-national operations can earn more than $1B; smaller ones typically make between $30k-$50K."

How do we combat this?

22 Replies
ekloh
Newcomer I

The illicit community will never cease to exist as long as there is a need and there will be a market. Once the market exist, will be target as well. What we can do is to identify the target (Victims) and educate them as much as we can.  

ekloh
Newcomer I

Through education and awareness we will close in on this illicit community making it even more difficult to prey on potential targets.

Baechle
Advocate I

Was there a specific talk or keynote you recall from the RSA 2018 that addressed this topic?