Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuxing
Community Champion

Can we trust the kackers?

Hackers Promise "No More Healthcare Cyber Attacks' During COVID-19 Crisis" ?

Can we trust them?

Defender I

@Chuxing wrote:

Hackers Promise "No More Healthcare Cyber Attacks' During COVID-19 Crisis" ?

Can we trust them?

no

"You knew what I was when you picked me up."

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
dcontesti
Community Champion

Hmmm,  the news says otherwise:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-spy-agency-warns-canadas-coronavirus-researchers-to-l...

This article is about the potential hacking of the research for a cure / vaccine for the Covid-19 virus also

https://www.itworldcanada.com/article/cyber-security-today-the-latest-news-on-covid-19-scams-and-how...

There may be a few that do not but then there are always those that will take advantage.

Today, there was a knock on my door (I live in a Condo and had not let anyone in through the main door so did not open the door......asked who it was.....the answer "we are from Health Department and need to test for virus".....exact language......told them to get lost and called the police.

This is a local scam happening in Ontario (maybe in other places), apparently once you open the door, they rob you.......glad I still have some of my senses...but worry about seniors who do not know about this scam and will be abused during this time.

So, I do not believe that I will trust them.

My 2 cents

d

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

You cannot be serious.  With many trying to profit financially from the crisis, why would hackers be any different?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS