Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaveh
Newcomer II

deal with corruption!

I know the title is a little bit "already" controversial. here is my question and concern:

let's say you deal with your coworker(s) who are not only not doing their due diligence to make sure your company is compliant with lets say GDPR, but also they actually intentionally ignore it, basic neglignce result of laziness, or even lack of knowledge, doesn't matter what is the reason for ignorance, and your challenge is that your don't have even authority to force them, or convince them, simply imagine you are reporting to someone who is higher in org hierarchy and you are nobody!

what would you do? I know this might not be a technical complication but still you care, should you circle your boss and escalate to a higher manager, what if even next person in loop simply don't care?

I appreciate your thoughts.

10 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

I based my last resort of quitting the job based on prior experience dealing with corruption that sent my former employer to prison not because I felt as though quitting was a best option. The question was posed as having a valid concern that this person was dealing with a corrupt organization and I replied in what I was mistakenly lead to believe turned out to be something simplistic.

My thoughts and comments on the premise remain firm. You ask a serious question, you received a set of serious answers. Let's keep the scenarios on track.