Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Does anyone read the Terms and Conditions?

Hi All

If not, here is a great concise way of getting to the nuggets you really ought to know about the services, you are signing up for:

https://tosdr.org/

Regards

Caute_cautim

3 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@Caute_cautim wrote:

Hi All

If not, here is a great concise way of getting to the nuggets you really ought to know about the services, you are signing up for:

https://tosdr.org/

Regards

Caute_cautim

John,

What a great find. Thank you for sharing.

For years I have been convinced those documents are intentionally so long as to make sure no one reads them. Over 15 years ago, when Kazaa was still rampant and Skype was still owned by the developers (same developers, different owners). I downloaded the TOS and Privacy Statement for Skype. The Skype TOS was over 50 pages (12 point type, letter size paper), and the Privacy Statement another 20+ pages.

Related, I recently read (but have not confirmed) that the Twitter competitor Parler includes in its ToS&C a provision that users will bear all legal costs if Parler is sued for content posted by the user.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
dcontesti
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim 

Thank you.  For years, I have been suggesting to folks that they actually read before just clicking that button but hey what do I know....

Also, a fine way for some of them to skirt the privacy issues/laws/regulations....well it was in that agreement that you clicked on, you know line 4005 and 4006 that states we can collect and sell data on you.

Would make an excellent blog post for (ISC)2....also, I am going to embedded a few examples in my next awareness session.

Best

d

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

I sometimes have to read them when online services are used for corporate purposes.  Many Ts & Cs are not well written and can be exercises in obfuscation.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS