Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wasim
Viewer

certified in cybersecurity free

I'm from Sri Lanka we have only one Pearson Vue exam centre. certified in cybersecurity free exam Voucher is only valid on this year . there are no dates to book this year, all are booked. i think Online testing with OnVUE is the best thing. 

46 Replies
zrocoolz
Newcomer I

The refuse to waive rescheduling, I registered for the exam not realizing or seeing it would cost $50 to reschedule, when I found out the next day that it wouldn’t work, I called and was told by a very rude individual from isc2 that it simply was not her issue and that I would have to call Pearson. I then waited over 2 hours on the phone, escalating to one of Pearson supervisors. I was told that they couldn’t waive the reschedule fee because it was in their contract with ISC2 not to!
zrocoolz
Newcomer I

Oh yea, I should also note they won’t offer a free retake either. You have to pay full prices $199 to retake the exam. It’s honestly erroneous, a certificate that was supposed to be free now costs $300 ($50.00 fee+my initial reschedule fee) if I decide to give it another go!

ISC doesn’t care about increasing jobs in cybersecurity, they do care about charging erroneous amounts of money 

TheCyberlante
Newcomer I

@zrocoolz well I rescheduled for free
denbesten
Community Champion

@zrocoolz wrote:

[no] free retake ...supposed to be free ...ISC doesn’t care about increasing jobs in cybersecurity... 

Perhaps it would help to think of it differently.

The exam was not "free"; somebody else just paid for you.  Running an exam costs money -- Rent, Utilities, Staffing the exam center, developing the exam, preparing study materials, etc.  Somebody has to pay those bills. 

You were given a gift.  A bunch of generous people (175,000 (ISC)² certification holders) gave you a $199 present in hopes that you would embrace security in your career.  You spent that gift and are back asking for a second, only to be reminded that there are others still awaiting their first gift.

zrocoolz
Newcomer I

That would be an accurate statement, if that was truly ISC’s intentions. But I find that hard to believe, honestly what it seems like is that they are promoting this certification as a test to see what it looks like in the industry and they are using puppets as they’re test bunnies. I can assure you that if this trial doesn’t go well, they will remove the cert from their body. 

In any case, ISC doesn’t lose money nor do they just hand out free stuff. ISC has done a darn good job making that pretty clear, that being said I was and have never expected to have a free retake. What I do expect is a company being willing to work with someone when they have a need to reschedule, honestly I think it’s ridiculous that a fee was charged to me the day after I booked the exam and that they had no decency to even try to work with me. It also sickens me that for someone taking a CISSP they could potentially be out $1400, there are plenty of other certification bodies that are just as credible and it seems like ISC really needs to relook at their policies regarding retakes and reschedules. I don’t expect a retake to be free but at the very least it could be discounted. 

All this said, I just don’t feel the certification is worth $199 and it’s ludicrous to charge such a price. It’s no more valuable than a entry level Microsoft cert that costs $99

zrocoolz
Newcomer I

I assume Pearson had you reschedule or you just reused the voucher
jake2704nero
Viewer

Please, keep me posted when the new promo code is out! Thank you!
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello all,

For (ISC)² Candidates, you can find a code to take the CC exam for free one time here https://my.isc2.org/s/Candidate-Benefits 

Please note that you must be registered as an (ISC)² Candidate and be logged in to the site to access that page. 

Sam3
Viewer

Hello Kaity,
I was waiting for the code but it didnt drop... So till when again?
Kaity
Community Manager

You need to sign up as a Candidate. Then you can find the code on your Candidate Benefits page. 

Kaity_0-1672949842959.png