Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stpn2me
Newcomer III

Who has the most ISC2 Certifications?

Ok, how many ISC2 certs do you have. I have two, the CISSP and the CAP. I plan on getting the CCSP and maybe a sub cert of the CISSP later on...

14 Replies
fortean
Contributor III

Two here -  CISSP and CCSP.

But I don't think the NUMBER of certifications means anything, unless that number is zero.

Certifications should MEAN something and have some kind of correlation. Mine have.  I acquired the CISSP in 2011 to proof that I'm a security professional, with experience and broad knowledge, in good standing and respected by my peers. I additionally acquired the CCSP  this year (2017), as in 2011 the CISSP CBK did not contain much (if anything at all) about cloud computing. Given that many customers employ some kind of cloud computing solution today I felt that I additionally needed to certify my skills and knowledge in that field, and the CCSP fitted the bill.  I also studied the CCFP CBK but was a bit disappointed by its contents and so did not sit for the exam.

Also, finally, a caveat: some of my peers put entire books of seemingly unrelated letter soup behind their names, making me wonder what it is they try to convey. Their generic wisdom? Their ability to do exams? If  you hold many titles and certificates I'd suggest restricting yourself the more generic ones. Put your hard-earned PhD, MSc or BSc first, then your CISSP, then, if need be, the others. 

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
Gunner
Newcomer III

Completely agree with "fortean" post.  It's the number of certifications you have but how you actually use them in your professional life.  I'm a PMP and use it on a daily basis.  I have a number of Microsoft certifications as well and use them as well.  As for the CISSP, I'm just a "Provisional CISSP" right now.  Passed on Sept 30th, endorsed, and just waiting for final approval.  But IT Security touches everything I do as well.  So the CISSP was important to me.

Best regards,
Rick
CISSP, PMP, ITILv3, LSSGB

Just the two for me, CISSP and the CCSP. Still debating the concentration ISSMP for my CISSP.

Like others I too have MCPs and the like from my “techie days” before moving into Security but those aren’t quite to relevant nowadays.
Stpn2me
Newcomer III

Look guys, I just asked a question. This is an ISC2 forum. I didn't ask this in a generic Information Systems Forum. And I'm not doing it to brag. Lets not take the fun out of this. I'm pretty sure most of us who have ANY of ISC2 certs probably don't put any of them behind their names except the CISSP just because. I wasn't asking anything on a professional level or how to look for a job with certifications. I was just asking about ISC2 certs. 

I like this forum. I like my ISC2 certs! I have my career. I know what I can do. But I like this very well respected organization and the products it puts out, namely the best certifications in the business today. They let you test your knowledge of various subjects and then, even if you pass, you still have to prove that you are in the field. It's a step further. Yes, I have several Microsoft, CompTIA certs. But I am very proud of my ISC2 certs, because with them, I get the respect of higher thinking peers and potential job employers. 

So, with all due respect, I wasn't asking about which certs were good for jobs or how many certs are good to find a job....please keep the nannying about cert soup for other forums. 

I was just asking how many ISC2 certs do you have...

Stpn2me
Newcomer III

celtic_warrior, you have two of the best. I'm going to go for the CCSP next month. 

Like you, I have passed by the MCP's in my techie days. It cost me a failure of the CISSP the first time I took it. I then realized I had to put on my big boy pants for this graduate level certification.

Do recommend the CCSP I was fortunate enough to pass it fairly early after its release. With more and more businesses moving to a “cloud first strategy” gives a good grounding when having those conversations with all levels of a company.

Best of luck when you take it
Stpn2me
Newcomer III

No doubt. I'm studying now. 

fortean
Contributor III

Hi, Patrick,

you sound a bit offended, and given your reference to 'soup' I believe I may well have been the culprit. If so, I apologize. I did not wish to imply that you'd brag, nor that you were seeking advice.  Your remark simply started a train of thoughts here which I shared, hoping it was of use to somebody. 

My initial reply answered your question: I hold TWO (ISC)2 certificates.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
Stpn2me
Newcomer III

No worries. I find on other forums, there are those who try to dilute the value of certs. I just didn't want this thread to fall into the back and forth about that. 

That being said, you have two of the best certs too!