Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeroen_1
Newcomer I

What does ISC2 send us after CISSP cert?

Hi,

I got the CISSP certification in september and now I received an email that something has been shipped to me from outside the EU (as I'm from EU and ISC2 is an American organisation). 

Apparently I have to pay about 22 euro's on customs fee. 

What is being sent to me? Is it worth paying them?

It's a bit surprising to me that ISC2 is sending me something. I might have missed some e-mail about that.

Best regards,

Jeroen

10 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello and congratulations on earning your CISSP!

When you earn your CISSP, you receive a welcome kit in the mail. This contains a lapel pin, your paper certification and a guide to membership. 

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Very, very early reminder emails for AMF’s…. 😉

Congrats!
dcontesti
Community Champion

But why 22Euros in Custom fees?  Package really has no monetary value?

Kaity
Community Manager

Unfortunately, some countries do charge a fee to release the package to an individual member. If that is impacting you, we do ask that you contact membersupport@isc2.org directly for some possible alternatives. 

Thank you, all 🙂 

matricii
Viewer

While I wouldn't say it's "Necessary", I would say you should get it and post your certificate proudly.  It is an accomplishment and I wouldn't have it any other way myself.

And congratulations on passing your exam.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@dcontrsti Messed up on the tax declaration when sending?
dcontesti
Community Champion

Definitely, should be reported as ZERO dollars.  Have had the experience of shipping materials, etc. between Canada, US, Mexico, Luxembourg, Brazil and never had to pay customs, etc.

Jeroen_1
Newcomer I

I have the certificate in pdf so I don’t need it on paper. In Europe I’ve never seen anyone wear a lapel pin at conferences so I’m really doubting to pay.
I’m already paying the AMF so need a better reason to pay for the package. But I’m very curious and might just pay the lousy 22€ anyway…
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I’ve never paid for one and ISC2 has periodically sent me more new certificates with - lapel pins? Oops, I thought those were earrings…