cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

URGENT: Need Clarification on Certified in Cybersecurity Examination Weights

Hello,

I have scheduled my CC exam for next week, just wondering about the examination weights as it mentioned weightage as 100% and the number of items as 75, whereas there is a note saying 25 items for research ability.

So, to pass the exam do I need to score the 70 items correct out of 75??

Need suggestions, please.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Sai Abhigna K

14 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

@SaiAbhignaK wrote:

... I am confused about the weightage of questions. It mentions that 75% of questions are from training modules and 25% are of research ability.

To be clear, the 25% is not testing your ability to perform research.  The 25% are brand new questions that are being considered for inclusion on future exams.  (ISC)² asks these questions today to determine if the questions are "good".  If good, they will be added to the test bank for future test-takers. Today, they are worth 0 points so that you are not penalized if they turn out to be "bad" question.

The remaining 75% of the questions do not come "from" the training modules.  Training and Exams are written by entirely different groups of people that are not allowed to talk to each other.  Although both groups use the same official references (https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/References), the question writers have never seen the training modules nor vice-versa.   In other words, the relationship between the training and the exam is more brother-sister than parent-child.

Also, the advertised weightage of questions is simply to help you understand where one needs to concentrate their studies.  During the exam, one is not told to which domain a question belongs.

In short, the answer remains the same. Grading is-what-it-is and you cannot change it. Don't waste time worrying about it or trying to figure it out. Prep time is better spent on learning the material and running practice exams so you learn to focus on reading comprehension and accurately selecting the "best" answer.  

SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

Hello,

Can anyone please help me with the links to mock tests if any other than flashcards?

Thanks

denbesten
Community Champion

@SaiAbhignaK wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone please help me with the links to mock tests if any other than flashcards?

Thanks

https://www.google.com/search?q=certified+in+cybersecurity+practice+exam

tldutton
ISC2 Team

Spot on. 

75 of the questions are scorable and 25 are considered "pre-test" which means these are relatively new questions that we put on the exam to gather statistics to determine if they're good enough to put on future exams as scorable questions..  If not, we send them back for "re-work" to address the statistically-identified issues.  We strive to make each question not too easy nor too hard; the statistics help with this.

SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

Thank you all for your insights, I have passed my CC exam.