cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

URGENT: Need Clarification on Certified in Cybersecurity Examination Weights

Hello,

I have scheduled my CC exam for next week, just wondering about the examination weights as it mentioned weightage as 100% and the number of items as 75, whereas there is a note saying 25 items for research ability.

So, to pass the exam do I need to score the 70 items correct out of 75??

Need suggestions, please.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Sai Abhigna K

14 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

Work on answering as many of the questions correctly as possible.

Don't bother worrying about stuff like that.

I don't know why anyone does.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
arp9586
Viewer

70/100
SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

yeah, that's the passing percentage, but I am confused about the weightage of questions. It mentions that 75% of questions are from training modules and 25% are of research ability.

Thanks.

SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

yeah, that's the passing percentage, but I am confused about the weightage of questions. It mentions that 75% of questions are from training modules and 25% are of research ability.

Thanks.
SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

SaiAbhignaK_0-1684951150953.png

Thanks.

denbesten
Community Champion

@emb021 wrote:

Work on answering as many of the questions correctly as possible.

Don't bother worrying about stuff like that.

I don't know why anyone does.

Ditto, right on, exactly, Amen.  

Beyond not worrying due to it distracting you from reading carefully and accurately answering questions, it is also important to avoid worrying about things to which you cannot know the answer.

(ISC)² tells us "A passing score is 700 out of 1000 points".  700 points is not the same thing as 70 questions because questions are not all worth the same number of points.  There is no way to predict how close you are to passing because you only know the number of questions you have attempted, not the number of points you have attempted.

I would also avoid "watching the clock" during the exam.  Doing so only adds stress and takes you out of "the zone".   Instead, you should be timing yourself during practice exams so that you develop an instinctual pace that allows finishing with a bit of time to spare.

Driaan
Viewer

Good evening Sai 

I written the exam today and there was 100 questions. As I understand you need to get 70% (so 70 questions right).

But to be honest do go in with the mentality of I need to get that that many right you are putting unnecessary pressure on yourself. Just go in read the questions carefully (that's what got me in the practise tests) and do your best you got this.

Good luck 

SaiAbhignaK
Newcomer I

Hello Driaan,
Thank you, if I practice the quiz can I achieve a good score? and can you please help me with any links(resources) to the practice quiz, if any other than flashcards?
dcontesti
Community Champion

@denbesten has provided the correct information.

Of the 100 questions, the organization will put items on the exam which are not scoreable (that is they are testing those items for future exams or scored against you),  They do this on all exams, so that they can keep the exam current.

So a candidate will only be scored on (in this case the CC exam)  75 items.  

However not all exams have the same value.  Some questions are easy while others are more difficult.  The scoring is based on psychometrics best practice.

The best advice anyone can provide is to answer as many questions as you can.

d