Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mna555
Viewer II

To fulfill CPE requirements for CISSP, can we read fiction books related to cyber security?

To fulfill CPE requirements for CISSP, can we read fiction books related to cyber security?

4 Replies
Budoka
Contributor II

Interesting question. Not something that I would add to my CPE record but I would guess it would fall under a category "B". Not an answer. Just me thinking out loud. LOL

denbesten
Community Champion

The CPE Handbook is the bible.  Specifically page 9...

Group A credits relate directly to activities in the areas covered by the specific domains of the respective credential.

Group B credits are earned for completion of general professional development activities which enhance your overall professional skills, education, knowledge, or competency outside of the domains associated with the respective certifications.

So, to answer your question with a question, how comfortable would you be defending the work of fiction as "relating directly to domains" or as "professional development"?

tedjordan
Newcomer I

ok, I'm curious...what's the book?

CraginS
Defender I

@mna555  asked

"To fulfill CPE requirements for CISSP, can we read fiction books related to cyber security?"

Mohammad,

Would you be OK with your lawyer reading John Grisham books to meet continuing legal education requirements of the Bar, or your doctor reading Tess Gerritsen books for requirements of the state medical licensing board?

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts