Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fleigst
Newcomer I

Taking exam in Montreal?

I remember that when checking last year, there was an ISC2-approved PearsonVUE test center in Montreal.

However, I don't find any when searching today.

Do I really have to travel to Ottawa or the States to take an exam?

fleigst_0-1716516090437.png

5 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Vermont has some excellent dairy products. To this day it still resolutely refuses to apologise for it’s cheese…

I’d feel that Montreal is big enough to warrant a proper test location, though I do know of folks having to travel nearly five hundred miles overland in some places in Africa - so it could be worse…

What exam are you trying to book?
fleigst
Newcomer I

CGRC. I took the course at the Nashville Security Congress last year and wanted to complete the exam before next month's upcoming changes. Let's see if I manage to go for a trip to try some dairy products before that 😉

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Wise to get it in before some changes I reckon, not that ISC2 content changes overmuch as it’s sourced are based on principles - but it would be a shame to miss because of fashion… 😉

Anyway, enjoy the trip if you make it and good luck!
CBMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@fleigst Thank you for reaching out via the ISC2 Community board. I'm happy to assist.

You are correct. Previously there was a Pearson VUE testing center for ISC2 exams in Montreal.

Quebec's Bill 96 now permits the administration of exams in the French language only. ISC2 does not offer any exams in French; therefore we cannot offer them at any of the Pearson VUE testing centers in Quebec.

This is why those candidates who reside in Quebec must travel outside of Quebec to sit for an ISC2 exam.

fleigst
Newcomer I

Thank you for the info! I didn't know that they are that restrictive in the meantime!