Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraWang
Viewer

CCSP Exam - Only once chance to answer each questions?

Hi There,

I read the 3rd edition of (ISC)2 CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional: Official Practice Tests, the content in Introduction - Taking the CCSP Exam says:

• You will not have the opportunity to skip back and forth as you take the exam; you have only one chance to answer each question correctly, so be careful!

Would like to check and confirm if this is true, for only one chance to answer the question?

Regards,

SandraScreenshot 2023-07-01 at 13.31.06.png

5 Replies
abhattac5
Newcomer III

Hi @SandraWang - yes, this is accurate.  Having just taken the exam earlier this week, I can confirm that you only have one chance to answer every question, and that you cannot go back.

The reason for this is quite simple.  Today's computer-adaptive testing is designed to rely on a common bank of questions, with each test basically being a compendium of unique questions for that sitting.  Basically, the level of difficulty for each question that comes is progressively determined by how successful a test taker was with the previous band of difficulty.  As such, you only have one chance for each question.  

Having taken the CCSP recently (and thankfully having passed it), I can say that they give you plenty of time for the test.  I had 240mins to answer 150 questions, and I was done in 2hrs 30min.  I felt that there was ample time for the full test, even though some questions were so hard that I took 3 or even 4 minutes for them (maybe 20 or so of those really tough ones in total).  For every question that's extremely tough, I think it's fair to say that there are many more that are more straightforward, in which you either know the basic concept or you don't - the more rigorous the study plan, the easier it will be to answer such straight concept Qs.

Hope that helps.  Great question!

SandraWang
Viewer

Thanks @abhattac5, appreciate your share.
tldutton
ISC2 Team

Q:
When taking an (ISC)² exam, can I skip a question and then go back to answer it?

A:
No. (ISC)² offers two types of computer-based exams – linear and adaptive – however neither exam type allows for candidates to skip a question and return to it later.

sachind79
Viewer II

Hi All,

Can someone please confirms the perason Vue exam code for CCSP? looks like there are 3 types of CCSP exam?

abhattac5
Newcomer III

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP/Certification-Exam-Outline

Hi @sachind79  - I don't recall that there are any "exam types" other than just the CCSP itself.  It is now a computer-adaptive exam, that you are required to take at a Pearson Vue or thus authorized test center.  It also comes in several languages (6 as far as I can tell, including English).

So without other details pertaining to the question, not sure what else to say.