cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ddavis-CISSP
Viewer

SSCP Endorsement

Good morning,
I hold the CISSP certification. I had to take the SSCP certification because I needed it to meet the requirements for a new DOD contract (CSSP-IS). Passed the exam 8/23. I see the wait time for completing the endorsement process is 4-6wks. I thought it would be quicker because I am already a member of (ISC)2, and I have the CISSP. Why does it take so long for members that already hold certifications?
6 Replies
jaynevado
Newcomer II

The waiting time can be influenced by the volume of endorsement applications that ISC2 receives at any given time. If there's a higher-than-usual demand for certifications or if there's a backlog of applications, it can extend the waiting period.

It's understandable to want the process to be faster, these factors collectively contribute to the endorsement timeline. ISC2 takes these steps seriously to maintain the credibility and value of their certifications. If you're concerned about the waiting time, you could consider reaching out to ISC2 customer support to inquire about the status of your application and any potential updates.

kokumoto
Newcomer II

For my case, the actual leading time for the SSCP (when I had CISSP already) was less than 2 weeks. I suppose the published duration is just for maximum.

ivanborgiey
Newcomer I

Hello,

How long is the endorsement process? did you receive your approval for SSCP?
I am waiting for mine as well. I am still sceptical about claiming that I am certified when applying for a job Since i am still waiting for them

Ddavis-CISSP
Viewer

It took two weeks. I’m sure it was simple because I already had CISSP.
ivanborgiey
Newcomer I

I think thats also a factor. This is my first certification that requires endorsement . So mine will probably take longer.
JMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@Ddavis-CISSP and @ivanborgiey Thank you for contacting ISC2 via this Community board. If you have any questions about endorsement and the process, please feel free to reach out to membersupport@isc2.org and a member of the Customer Experience/Endorsement Team will be glad to assist you.

@jaynevado Gave the exact answer, thank you very much for your support and help!