cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csjohnng
Community Champion

Provisionally passed ISSMP on 25 Nov 2019

Provisionally passed ISSMP.

another 10-12 weeks for the certfication process.

John
10 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@csjohnngHave you been formally informed it will take 10 to 12 weeks to process?

Regards

Caute_cautim

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@csjohnng wrote:

Provisionally passed ISSMP.

another 10-12 weeks for the certfication process.

Many congratulations and welcome to the ISSMP club!

BTW - I had an endorsement for another cert go through last week which only took just over 4 weeks. Or are you referring to receiving the certificate package as well? (The last one of those I received took 16 weeks alone!)

Kaity
Community Manager

Congratulations! The CISSP concentration endorsement process is usually fairly quick - wishing a speedy approval for you! 

csjohnng
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim 

No , I have not been formally informed. ( I have just submitted the self-endorsement 5 mins ago)

the 8-10 week is according to my past experience,

After the "provisionally passed" during the exam date, this is what happen

• normally it take a couple of business day for receiving formal email to request for endorsement,
  • and once you have finished the endorsement (say do it immediately), and you need to take a couple of days (or close to a week) ,then you will receive an acknowledgment email say the review should take roughly the 6 weeks from this onward
  • at the end of week 6th (counting from date I receive the acknowledgment email), I will try the email the support to ask for status and with a reply saying that I should be received in 1-2 week (allowing some delay, due to many submission)

so all in all, I would say it's roughly 8-10 weeks, this is my last ISSAP certification experience.

I hope last time is an exceptional case because the AMF change where ISC2 back office and administration is very busy in June/July this year.

John
csjohnng
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan 

Thanks again, after greeting for joining the ISSAP club.

Lucky you have it in 4 week.

I am referring the just "electronic" process.

Maybe because I live in Asia,  it took another 6 weeks for the physical delivery after the "electronic" process.

John
csjohnng
Community Champion

@Kaity 

Thanks.

I received the provisionally passed email yesterday together with the Step 2 of Endorsement

I have just submit the endorsement documentation and also received the endorsement submission  acknowledgment. (it seem likely more effectively this time).

I hope this time could be a speedy one.

John
Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @csjohnng - hoping it goes by quickly! It's typically a few weeks for the endorsement application to be reviewed and we were closed Thursday/Friday last week with the Thanksgiving holiday. Feel free to PM me if you need assistance and I can get w/the team. 

dd
Viewer II

I passed the ISSMP exam on December 10, 2019. Received the "(ISC)2 Examination Results" email (Congrats, you've provisionally passed...) email on December 11, 2019. Completed and confirmed endorsement details on December 12, 2019. The note on the "(ISC)2 Examination Results" email says ENDORSEMENT PROCESS may take up to 4 to 6 weeks, but if randomly audited may take longer. Six weeks from provisional certification for me is January 23 - but I'm assuming the holidays may stretch this out a little bit? Nonetheless, I'm looking at your post as some confirmation that I may not see anything until 8 to 10 weeks goes by. This is anxiety-inducing for me!

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @dd - between December 12 and January 23, we did have two days when HQ office was closed, and one day where we closed early so it's possible there may be a slight delay, but it should not be 8-10 weeks. If you haven't heard from us by the end of this week, feel free to private message me with your info.