Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ItsYourPapa
Newcomer I

Peace of Mind voucher - doesn't make sense for a city with only few test centers

Hi,

I would like to purchase the current live Peace of Mind voucher for June and schedule my CISSP exam at the end of July (the voucher was only released on June 1st). I am in New Zealand, where there are only a few test centers, and the seats are very limited and already fully booked. I know that occasionally seats are released overnight, but they get taken very quickly because everyone is watching for them.

It is a high risk for me to purchase the voucher since it might take 7 days to receive it. What will happen if I see a slot pop up overnight, quickly purchase the voucher, and then receive the voucher after, let's say 3 days, by which time the slot will already be gone? There is a good chance that no available slots for July will show up at all, and the voucher will be wasted.

Is it possible to extend the first attempt into August instead of July? That would be much safer. Two months are too short for it. Currently, I am too scared to make the payment.

ItsYourPapa_1-1718171518571.png

Thanks

3 Replies
CBMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@ItsYourPapa Thank you for reaching out via the ISC2 Community board.

All Peace of Mind Protection promotions are bound by specific dates for the first (and second, if needed) sittings for the exam.

When candidates face challenges with exam availability in their location, they may request an extension for the second exam if needed. Please know, voucher extension requests due to  "limited exam availability" must be accompanied by screenshots from the exam registration process showing the lack of appointments. These requests are evaluated on an individual basis by our Exam Administration team.

Please email  examadministration@isc2.org and include your voucher details and exam availability challenges so we may assist you. 

ItsYourPapa
Newcomer I

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

I don't get it, you mentioned:
"When candidates face challenges with exam availability in their location, they may request an extension for the second exam if needed."

Shouldn't it be the first exam?? The second exam is three monthes later, that shouldn't be a problem.

Regards

ItsYourPapa
Newcomer I

Hi,

I have consistently checked all the Auckland test centers for CISSP, and there are no available spots released for July at all. I have been checking for few weeks already. It doesn't make sense for me to purchase Peace of Mind if I can't book a spot in July, as the last date is July 31st. However, I do want to purchase insurance for the exam. What should I do?

Can I apply to extend the first exam to August if no spots become available for July at all?

Please advise.

Regards