Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Online CISSP Exam Coming Soon

You will soon have the opportunity to take the CISSP Exam from home. Registration for our next online proctor pilot opens February 14th  - register early as seats are limited. Online CISSP exams will be administered February 28 -March 7, 2022.

Pay special attention the changes for this online proctor pilot:

- Expanded Countries

- Only CISSP Certification Exam

- Only Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) format

- Increased security measures

More information about this Online Proctor Pilot is available on the blog: https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2022/02/online-cissp-exam-coming-soon.html 

Please also review the Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.isc2.org/Exams/Online-Proctor-Pilot-Test-FAQ  

Have questions? Contact the Exam Administration team at examadministration@isc2.org.

ISC2 Community Manager
11 Replies
Brewdawg
Newcomer III

Hopefully y'all will open this up to other exams soon.  I have been wanting to take a couple of exams, but unable to because of testing center restrictions.

gidyn
Contributor III

Will there be misuse testing? I've taken several online exams with PearsonVUE, and there are enough opportunities for cheating without the proctor noticing. More stringent security requirements would eliminate some, but not all of them.

There is a fundamental problem here of trusting the client. The proctor can only observe through a single fixed camera/microphone under the candidate's control, which leaves plenty of opportunity for mischief.

I've had trouble scheduling tests in distant test centres, and appreciate the difficulties. However, devaluing the exam by making it easier to cheat is not the solution.
VC
Reader III

Online mode will likely be convenient for many for sure but would be good to know what would replace the current state of the art identification mechanism - https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Documents/palm-vein_candidate-isc2.ashx 

Thanks

yamontijo
ISC2 Team

Online CISSP examinations will be administered February 28 – March 7, 2022. No other certification exams will be conducted during this online proctor pilot test. Online proctoring pilot test deliveries will be limited to candidates in the United States (excluding territories, possessions or government/military instillations physically located outside of the U.S.), United Kingdom and Singapore. Candidates must have no past (ISC)² discipline actions on record and have access to computer systems that meet minimum requirements. A maximum of 1,000 total examinations will be delivered as a part of the pilot test. If you have any additional question please email examadministration@isc2.org.
denbesten
Community Champion

@VC wrote:

...palm vein scan...

The PDF explains that the vein scan is used to ensure the same person returns from a bathroom break and also to ensure the same person does not take the test under multiple identities.

The first half  is accomplished by not allowing breaks during the on-line exam.

They do mention geolocating your IP address and that you are continuously monitored by camera, so I do see plenty of ways to speculate about catching serial-fraudsters.

denbesten
Community Champion

Misuse detection was part of the first eval.  Search this community for some of the concerns you predecessors raised and also for links reporting the results.  

One thing that made me feel much better is the realization that (ISC)² has much more to lose than I.  If CISSP loses its value, you and I just need to find another certification, which will not be "too hard" because we live and breathe this stuff every day.  The (ISC)² staff, on the other hand, will end up job-hunting, perhaps in a different career if the tarnishment is sufficiently notorious.

gidyn
Contributor III

@denbesten wrote:

Misuse detection was part of the first eval.  Search this community for some of the concerns you predecessors raised and also for links reporting the results.  

I asked about misuse testing, not misuse detection. Will ISC2 employ people, with relevant skills, to attempt cheating and see if the remote proctor or other controls can detect it?

gidyn
Contributor III

The only popular exams without braindumps of actual exam questions are ISC2's. The reason for this is that they're the only ones without a remote proctoring option. Please don't change that.
gidyn
Contributor III