cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisndj
Viewer II

Is the CC enough for the SSCP ?

Hey, 

I have passed my CC exam recently and am now a happy new ISC2 member. I am now looking at the SSCP.

Nevertheless, I am just not sure if the CC is enough for the SSCP requirements. 

Maybe you got more information on that, would appreciate any help.

Kind regards and Good Luck.

1 Reply
TrickyDicky
Contributor II

@chrisndj - I don't think so. 

Look at the descriptors - The CC is designed for someone who's effectively looking to get into the industry. The SSCP is designed for a technical practitioner who has more that a years experience working in the field :  

"The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) is the ideal certification for those with proven technical skills and practical, hands-on security knowledge in operational IT roles. It provides confirmation of a practitioner’s ability to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with information security policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability." 

My best advice is to download the SSCP exam outline from https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/2022/SSCP-Exam-Outline-English2022.as...

Look at the detailed content outline under each Domain, and focus on studying the content that you aren't familiar with. Good luck with your journey