Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioannism
Viewer III

I passed ISSAP today!

Hello friends

I passed ISSAP today! First attempt!

Last April, I bought the ISSAP self-study course from ISC2. It came bundled with an exam voucher and with CISSP refresh course videos. That was the study material I used. I also had a quick look through the ISC CBK for ISSAP and I don't recommend that book. Too hard to read and the material seems out of date.

Further more it helped A LOT that I have a big knowledge and experience of technology with operating systems, networks, cloud computing and security operations. 

My advise to those who have recently passed CISSP and are considering ISSAP:

a) Get plenty of experience and skills working with Cloud computing.

b) Make a plan to take the ISSAP exam in 12-18 months after getting the CISSP.

c) I recommend the ISC self-study course.

Now I guess, the next step would to find an ISSAP certified to endorse me. I don't think ISSAP is self endorsed like CCSP, is it?

3 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Many congratulations and welcome to the club!

No, you don't need to find an ISSAP to endorse you. All the CISSP Concentrations are effectively self-endorsed:

conc-details.png

NB - the CCSP isn't self-endorsed at all. If you already hold the CISSP then ISC2 act as your endorser with the CISSP being used to effectively waive all CCSP experience requirements. If you don't hold the CISSP then you need to go through the normal endorsement process.

Bndr
Viewer

Congratulation...

currently, I'm not holding CISSP if I passed ISSAP exam  Is there is any other process to get certified or other process for endorsement?

Thanks

Ederdemattos
Newcomer I

Hi, 
from (ISC)2 page: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP-Concentrations

Get the Needed Experience
To qualify for the CISSP-ISSAP, you must be a CISSP in good standing and have two years cumulative, paid work experience in one or more of the six domains of the CISSP-ISSAP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).

Regards
Eder
Eder de Mattos, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CCSP