Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberAF
Newcomer II

Failed CCSP

Failed CCSP exam last week.  I felt like the exam was not related to CCSP or the materials I had studied for over 4 months.  I am a CyberSec with over 5 years now and 20 years in IT. the exam questions I read IMO was not related to any of the books I have read.  I did not even understand most of the questions.  Unclear questions.  I read  :

1) The Official (ISC)2 Guide to CCSP CBK

2) ISC2 CCSP Official Practice Tests-sybex

3) CCSP Official Study Guide

Took a number of online exams scoring 90% and above.

I mean I was ready and aimed to score high in the exam only to find out I FAILED! and $599 in the toilet!

How did you guys who pass studied and what materials you used?? 

20 Replies
CyberAF
Newcomer II

I have not schedule it yet. I will sure let you know.
lillyliu611
Viewer II

I had similar feeling about the CCSP exam. I had passed CISSP at 1st attempt but failed at CCSP at 1st attempt. Will try to take the 2nd time by end of this year. 

CyberAF
Newcomer II

Complete BS. I did buy one and not even close to the exam questions.

Sent from my iPhone
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

@CyberAF ? Did you try a 3rd attempt?

CyberAF
Newcomer II

Yes. Failed one domain all other were expert level.

Sent from my iPhone
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

That stinks! I can honestly say the CCSP was the hardest test I've ever taken but the materials listed in this thread are sufficient to passing though.

I only had about 4 years of experience in IT/Security at the time of passing and was an Associate until I had enough experience to get the full cert. IT/Security was my 3rd career lol. I point out the experience part as to not scare anyone away from attempting the test when they see people with 20-100 years of experience in IT not pass and continue to blame the study materials for not being sufficient. I wish you all the best on your 4th attempt or possibly move on to the CISSP next and circle back to the CCSP later.     

YesHeCan
Viewer II

I had a similar experience with the exam - I passed CISSP years ago, but the CCSP exam was a tough one for me. It felt like all the official (ISC) guides that I read weren't relevant and the over 3000 practice tests. The exam completely threw me off the wheels by like the 10th question. I plan to take the exam again, just to proof I can do it!

CyberAF
Newcomer II

I can see your posts

CyberAF
Newcomer II

I will plan to retake it.  Not giving up.  CISSP makes more sense to me.

JRCISSP
Viewer II

Hello there. I have to admit, I feel much better after reading your posts and two attempts. Full disclosure: 25 year vet of IT, 10 years in some form of Cyber Security, 4 years a CISSP. I passed my CISSP exam on the first try with about two weeks of study. I busted my butt the first time for the CCSP and felt the same way as you: Passed the practice exams with %90 or better, understood the material as presented only to get "below proficiency" for most of the domains. I literally JUST failed again and I felt %100 more confident. I spent months reviewing and studying, purchased additional authorized study material, CCSP for dummies and the "All in One" exam guide. Felt awesome. Actually recognized many of the questions and truly thought I had it. Felt good. Same result. 

I have seen others pass it on the first try and really need to know what materials that they are using, or what different methods other than the included tests and study material they may be using. I agree that there are many questions that are nothing like what's in the study material. I'm not talking about practice tests. I mean the actual text. 

Maybe we can help each other. I'm looking forward to hearing about your third time.