Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gidyn
Contributor III

Did the online proctoring pilot Include deliberate cheating?

Was online proctoring tested on people who were asked to attempt cheating without getting caught? If not, how could ISC2 determine that online proctors have a reasonable chance of catching it in a real exam?

5 Replies
amaf75
Newcomer II

im sure they performed their own internal testing for things like cheating before the roll out. the online pilot exam takers like me actually studied and paid the full price..In my opinion ISC2 Online was more stringent then any pearsonvue testing center. If i moved my eyes even slightly downwards the proctor would say something, they also saw the entire room with my webcam. Plus they had some type of browser block which i have never seen before, you had to close out of all your running apps .  

If people are going to cheat and are so committed to cheating, even pearsonvue cant stop them. ISC2 is about integrity and as long as ISC doesnt do things like have similiar exams to prevent test dumps and continues to challenge us as test takers they will be ok. 

gidyn
Contributor III

I've done other exams through PearsonVUE Online, and unfortunately, it would have been easy to cheat if I'd really wanted to. The key is that they don't see the whole room - only what's visible through your webcam. Thinking that a single fixed camera can provide sufficient security should be an immediate fail ...

I posted an example in a previous thread. Some of the examples of cheating in that article would work against PearsonVUE's remote proctoring.

amaf75
Newcomer II

with all due respect this was different. the article you references was for college exams. for ISC2 there is  a proctor watching you the entire time. and listening. im not exactly sure what you are suggesting but its not easy. 

gidyn
Contributor III

Some of the examples in the article can be used to cheat while the proctor watches you through the webcam. I say this after having taken some exams through PearsonVUE with online proctoring. They do their best, but with limited observability, and the physical environment under the candidate's complete control, there are severe limits to what they can do.

I'm all in favour of remote proctoring, but the integrity of the exam must be assured first, and this hasn't happened yet.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Our CEO and Chief Product Officer discussed online proctoring in a recent live webinar. They also addressed questions from the audience. 

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Welcome/Hear-the-latest-on-exams-and-certifications-directly-from-ISC/... 

ISC2 Community Manager