Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhhomme
Newcomer I

Denied Entry for CISSP Exam [Help Please]

I am based in Singapore and was turned away on the day of my scheduled examination for CISSP at a Pearson Vue test centre as my secondary form of ID was not accepted.

The two government-issued IDs that I have brought with me are:
1. National Registration Identification Card (Primary ID)
2. Driving License (Secondary ID)

The issue was my Driving License does not have a signature(?) and was rejected as a secondary form of ID. However, my Driving License has my photo on it and in Singapore, Driving License are commonly used and have been recognized as a secure and official alternative form of identification by the Government. 

This has been a really frustrating experience as the examination fee is really expensive for me and I have not gotten any response from ExamAdministration@isc2.org since I reached out 3 days ago.

I hope someone from ISC2 sees this and help me out, please let me reschedule my examination for a reschedule fee instead of forfeiting my examination fee.
7 Replies
JKWiniger
Community Champion

Yes, I can see how this would be frustrating and you did the right thing with the email. A phone call might have been better to get things moving a bit faster. I have taken other tests recently at Pearson Vue here in the US and only one form of ID was needed so maybe it is different in different regions.

@AndreaMoore might be able to point you in the right direction to get the help you need.

Best of luck!

John-

wimremes
Contributor III

you could alternatively email membersupportapac@isc2.org and isc2asia@isc2.org.

The APAC team is fantastic and always happy to help.

Sic semper tyrannis.
denbesten
Community Champion

@JKWiniger wrote:

... in the US and only one form of ID was needed ...

There seems to be a discrepancy....

• PearsonVue requires one signed government-issued ID, or an unsigned Gov't ID plus a signed non-Gov't ID.
  • (ISC)² requires two signed IDs, neither of which is required to be government-issued. 

It sounds as if the two facilities are not consistent in which policy they chose to enforce.  (ISC)² really ought to ensure consistency. The easiest way might be for (ISC)² adopt PearsonVue's policy.

In both cases, a signed credit card or student-ID is sufficient.  If the testing facility did not offer this as an option to @jhhomme, they really ought waive any penalties.  If it was offered, but @jhhomme had nothing else, I do feel that @jhhomme's remedy of paying a reschedule-fee is a good one.

Forfeiting the exam fee should be reserved for dishonest behavior.  A lesser penalty, such as the reschedule fee seems much more appropriate for "honest mistakes".

It would also be a great stress-reducer if candidates were able to visit the testing center ahead-of-time to validate that their credentials will be accepted and so they know where the center is, how parking works, etc. 

jhhomme
Newcomer I

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate the help and support.

Hi @AndreaMoore, appreciate if you could take a look at my case and point me in the right direction for the help I need please....
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@jhhomme 

I'm sorry for the confusion. Someone on our team will reach out to you today regarding your next steps. 

ISC2 Community Manager
jhhomme
Newcomer I

Thank you for your reply @AndreaMoore.

I have received a reply from ExamAdministration@isc2.org, however I am just being given the policy on what forms of identifications that I should bring for the examination with no information on any next steps that I could take to reschedule my exam.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@jhhomme 

I've spoken to my colleauge and your case is getting worked on internally. Thank you for your patience. If you have any further questions, please respond to the email sent to you. 

ISC2 Community Manager