cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaity
Community Manager

CSSLP Exam To Change

Hello everyone!

The CSSLP exam will be changing on September 15, 2020. We are providing 8 months notice regarding these updates - and anyone who is currently registered for this exam will be getting an email from us directly - but I wanted to share the information here with you right away. 

First, the exam time will change from 4 hours to 3 hours. This is in line with the rest of our English language exams as far as the timing goes. 

Second, some of the domains will be changing - as well as their weights. The red items are changing:

Effective July 2017 - September 14, 2020
# Domains  Weights
1 Secure Software Concepts 13%
2 Secure Software Requirements 14%
3 Secure Software Design 16%
4 Secure Software Implementation / Programming 16%
5 Secure Software Testing 14%
6 Secure Lifecycle Management 10%
7 Software Deployment, Operations and Maintenance 9%
8 Supply Chain and Software Acquisition 8%
    100%

Effective September 15, 2020
# Domains Weights
1 Secure Software Concepts 10%
2 Secure Software Requirements 14%
3 Secure Software Architecture and Design 14%
4 Secure Software Implementation 14%
5 Secure Software Testing 14%
6 Secure Software Lifecycle Management 11%
7 Secure Software Deployment, Operations, Maintenance 12%
8 Secure Software Supply Chain 11%
    100%

We have an
FAQ page up that should answer any questions you may have, but please feel free to post any other questions here if they need answering. Also, this might inform information we add to that page. 

21 Replies
klangenbacher
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @cyberdude

Thank you for you response! 

The CBK has not been updated but, I would say that there is a lot of good information that is still relevant to the CSSLP.  I would also encourage you to download the Exam Outline as that is a good reference for self-study. In addition to the Exam Outline, we also have a CBK reference list that would be helpful with self-study https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/References. We also have flash cards available for an additional self-study resource. 

If you have any additional questions regarding the current CSSLP Online Instructor-Led course or any of the resources provided, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will provide the assistance needed.

I hope this helps! 

fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

I am looking for some additional / updated materials to prepare the CSSLP, with no success so far.

Why isn’t there any practice questions book as in most of the other (ISC)2 certifications? I guess that many people is in our situation and would like to see something like this soon.

Thanks and Regards,