cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjtaylor1
Viewer

CISSP experience requirement

Hi all

I am currently studying for my CISSP and I am well aware of the experience requirements.

I know that it does require a 4 years degree to qualify for the one year experience waiver.  But I assume it is just just to stop people with an 'Associates' degree in the US from waiving a year (after just studying a year I think???).

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Assurance & Security which took me 3 years (as is the case with Bachelor's degrees here in New Zealand, just like Computer Science).

Is this fine to satisfy the 1 year experience waiver or is it strictly a 4 year qualification?   

Cheers,

Kristian

1 Reply
ddrake
ISC2 Team

Kristian,

The eligibility requirement for a Bachelor's degree replacing a year of experience is just that.  Someone who crushed out all their summer semesters could complete a Bachelor's in three years in the U.S. too.  As long as the institution granting the degree is accredited, there are no issues.  Simply put, a Bachelor's is a Bachelor's.

If you have more specific questions, please feel free to contact Member Services at membersupport@isc2.org.

Thank you and Good Luck!

Damon