Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crabcupcakes
Newcomer I

CCSP pass/fail status not received/printed

I took my CCSP this afternoon and never received my pass/fail status via print out. I checked Pearsons site but they also did not have a status. What's going on?
10 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

In case you didn't realise it, you are one of the very first people to take the new version of the CCSP exam which came into effect today.

As such, you will need to wait around a month before enough people have taken the new exam so that ISC2 have enough data to determine how the new exam is performing before they make a determination on whether or not you passed.

You should at least have received a printed message saying that your exam has been sent for psychometric analysis which is what they say in these cases.

Hope you receive good news in due course!

Crabcupcakes
Newcomer I

I did not take the new test. That starts tomorrow.

Effective August 1, 2019, the CCSP exam will be based on a new exam outline.

I did not receive any print out what so ever.
Crabcupcakes
Newcomer I

In addition, I took the CISSP on January 3rd of 2018, the first month of that exam using CAT, but prior to it shifting the domain weighting. In that case I received my results immediatly.

I understand if the domain weighting might delay grading. Perhaps it is simply an issue with a cut off time error for the old weighting and the new weighting.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

My mistake - where I'm located it's currently the 1st August so assumed this was the issue.

Crabcupcakes
Newcomer I

I got verification of provisional pass now.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congratulations!

Kaity
Community Manager

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

As such, you will need to wait around a month before enough people have taken the new exam so that ISC2 have enough data to determine how the new exam is performing before they make a determination on whether or not you passed.

Actually, this is not true in this case. The CCSP exam – though it did update today, August 1 – is a statistically viable exam. Candidates will receive their provisional results onsite at the test center. An email with exam results will be sent from (ISC)² once the results sync with our systems internally. Those who pass will be invited to submit their endorsement application as they continue their certification process. The time to receive that email can vary, but I can say from speaking with our exams team, that those who take the new CCSP should not assume it will take a month to receive their results from (ISC)².

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Kaity

Hi Kaity,

I remember when I sat my CISSP exam I was one of the first people to take the 8 domain version after it had changed over from the 10 domain version, and as such I had to wait a month before being given my result. Just curious to know what difference is here?

Kaity
Community Manager

Not all exam changes are equivalent; the change from 8 to 10 domains for CISSP was more substantial and disruptive than this version change for the CCSP. (ISC)² operates 9 certification examination programs (including multiple language adaptations for the CISSP & SSCP), the vast majority of new exam version deployments do not require any additional analyses or time for results release.