cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdem99
Viewer

CCSP - Exam preparation and experience required

Hi there,

i'm 22 year old in IT since always, I'm studying since 2 years Cybersecurity and working also since 2 years for a big company in cloud security, at 3 different projects. 

Now, I wanted to extend my knowledge and also get certified. I was considering CCSP because I think is strictly related to my academic and work experience. I was planning to do the courses during summer and the exam maybe in September/October. 

But honestly speaking I'm a bit unsure. Time pressure and my leak of experience are making me think, it's not the right choice. 

I saw some posts of people extremely prepared with long career in cloud security and I think I've some experience but surely not at this level. Plus, I should condensate the whole preparation over summer because next year I'm going to prepare the bachelor. 

Considering the preparation, the exam and the material, do you guys think is something possible, considering my University preparation + Work experience or should I preferably wait and maybe do this after the bachelor in another time period?

Thank you very much 

(in case you need more information about what I do in my university, here is the reference)

5 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hello @mdem99 

The Associate path would be a great option for you. You can find more information here: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/Associate 

ISC2 Community Manager
mdem99
Viewer

Thank you for your answer!

Seems good, I was considering this. But wouldn't then make sense to posticipate the certification in 2 years, once I've the experience and finished the bachelor? I would also decrease the stress and work with more time through the stuff

weerayuths
Newcomer I

Hello,

Is it called "Associated of (ISC)2" no matter which certificate exams that one has passed?

Are there any kind of "Associated of CISSP"?

CISSP required 5 years of paid experience in more than 2 of 8 domains.

If I passed CISSP exam and I already have Security+ (1 Yrs. equivalent) and 3 years of paid experience; does it means that I will have to be "Associate of ISC2" for 1 more year before I am eligible for CISSP? or Do I have to be "Associate of ISC2" for 4 years?

Thank you.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hello @weerayuths 

Through the Associate of (ISC)² program, you can take any of our certification exams without the required work experience. When you pass, you become an Associate of (ISC)² as you work to gain the necessary experience to achieve full certification.

Full certification includes the endorsement process. https://www.isc2.org/endorsement 

To be an Associate of (ISC)², you need to pass an (ISC)² credential examination. If you do not have the years of work experience required to hold the certification, you can become an Associate of (ISC)² until you have the necessary work experience to hold the credential. You can hold the Associate of (ISC)² designation for one year past the number of years allowed to meet the work experience requirement. Please refer to the (ISC)² Associate page for more information.

If you have further questions regarding your specific work experience, I highly recommend contacting our member support team at https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

ISC2 Community Manager
weerayuths
Newcomer I

Thank you for your answer.