cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geovanni_Flores
Viewer III

CC Exam & Experience

100 questions in 2 hours.

I consider that the course falls far short of the level required in the exam, so the probability of failing it only with this material is very high if the people who present it do not have any experience in the field.

In addition, I consider that the criterion of several answers is not the correct one, since based on my experience in the workplace, I consider that I have correctly answered more than 70% of the questions on the first attempt.

4 Replies
esciko
Newcomer I

I just took this exam yesterday (and passed, to my great excitement) and I actually agree with you. I was surprised by the difficulty of some of the questions. They were definitely way harder than the practice questions on the official material. I honestly thought for sure I was going to fail as I was taking it, but I really tried my best to use critical thinking/process of elimination and that's how I managed to pass.

I think since the certification is so new, that could explain the disparity between the prep materials and the actual test. I think a lot of people are going to be in for a surprise.

My cybersecurity background is pretty soft, by the way. I've done a lot of writing about it, but not a lot of practical, hands-on stuff. So I'm really proud I was able to pass it despite all this. I studied the official materials voraciously. I swear I sat there for 6-7 hours a night the week before the test. So I think it was that and a combo of luck.

tex_med405
Viewer II

I agree, the lecture material and the certification exam are not connected well. Many terms and scenarios that were never mentioned. Very frustrating. 

mrosen81
Reader II

I agree. I passed it this morning and I only used the official study materials. There were quite a few questions that were not covered in the materials. It was more challenging than I expected and I suspect I passed more because of my prior cybersecurity experience.
esciko
Newcomer I

After reading so many people say similar things, I'm honestly pretty proud of myself for passing it with minimal prior security experience. It did a great job of preparing me for Net+. I still haven't taken that test yet, but it really set me up to succeed with a lot of key terminology and concepts.