Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

0 cloud security experience

I’d like to get into cloud security, but have no experience hence I don’t meet the work experience requirement. Is it still work studying for the exam?
4 Replies
Community Champion

Re: 0 cloud security experience

I think the CCSP exam would be tough to pass without any experience, and even if you did manage it you would not be able to become endorsed as a CCSP so you'd need to take the Associate of ISC2 designation.

My advice would be to get some hands-on experience through the free tier training all the major IaaS cloud providers offer first, and then consider your path to CCSP at that point.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Am I reading your message right, are you saying using for example AWS free tier counts as work experience? If so, thats great, I had no clue.

Again, not sure if I read your message right.

Highlighted
Community Champion

No, I'm saying get some experience of using the platforms, maybe even earn some of the certifications associated with the platforms.

At that point you'll be in a better position to get a job where you can gain some of the required work experience to qualify as a CCSP after passing the exam.

Plus with the experience of using the platforms you'll be in a better position to pass the CCSP exam in the first place.

Highlighted
Newcomer I

gotcha, ok thank you.