cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

guarantee my life for cissp

Hello Guys!

Friends, I really want to know if it is possible to change my destiny and my life having the CISSP certification?

first all; I want real life advice:

I finish my high school in 2013 in IT Security and Management speciality and I current just enroll certifications on cybrary.it webpage, i want to leave my country (Angola) because i don't see my position here, I don't feel good this country. I have deep knowledge about Security but no certifications official, i want get cissp certification after this leave but I'm afraid to leave and don't find work.

My plan is to get cissp, sscp, cisco cyberops, csa+, Linux+, ccna sec, and others

if i have only Cissp for a while can i Leave my country and find job? in EU, or Canadá or US

so my friend what you advice me.

remember i'm 34 years old

waiting for answer

37 Replies
fortean
Contributor III

Your LinkedIn profile suggests that you are already a CISSP.  Kindly remove this from your profile.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

there is not official i made indicate where i did.
but anyway it was free on cybrary.

My every certificate is only knowledge in cybrary.it

Lamont29
Community Champion

Admarnelson,

Be very careful in this kind of forum. You must know the idiosyncrasies of information security personnel. They WILL check you out. I know that I have been ‘fact-checked’ perhaps thousands of times over my 30-year career, and I never taken it personally. If you are intending to be a CISSP, then the first thing you must learn are the ethics. CISSP is a registered trademark of ISC2. No other entity has the authority to designate that to you.

This is one of those simplistic rules that if you violate it would land you in a lot of trouble here in the United States, as well as across Europe. If you cannot adhere to the ethics, then you cannot even get started networking in this forum, much less get referred to a job after migrating abroad. Engaging in unethical and criminal activities is a sure way for you to be deported, even if you did manage to find flight abroad.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
fortean
Contributor III

The CISSP is a protected and valuable designation. By putting a Cybrary course under the header 'certifications' you suggest that you have sat the CISSP exam, passed, were endorsed, signed the code of Ethics and fulfilled the requirements with regard to experience. You yourself stated you do not. You are therefore not a CISSP and should not - intentionally or not - try to make that impression.

Again, I kindly request that you immediately remove this from your profile.

--
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

I understand, i'll remove it from LinkedIn , i dont want any trouble, but everybody know that on cybrary people just enroll to take knowledge not to be certified. but i will correct it now. thank you for advice, I appreciate

fortean
Contributor III

I see you already did, very well, thank you. 

Be sure to remove any entries from the 'Certification' section for which you do not have proof that you really have the certifications. As @Lamont29 already pointed out, information security professionals tend to check your certifications and if they find you have been cheating (either intentionally or not) this immediately discards you as a candidate for any security related function in the US and EU.

Thank you kindly for your swift and adequate response.

--
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

I'm not a man of trouble, because in the end I'll be guilty. our words and actions can condemn us.
in information security every detail is analyzed I know that.

I sincerely thank everyone for the repairs that were made and I hope that I have not yet been complied.

Thank you again everyone

Lamont29
Community Champion

It’s important that we have these discussions, and it’s even more important that people can take constructive criticism. Information security professionals, if we are going to be good, are great critics, keen in finding misnomers. I think that you will do fine so long as you remain as open to critiquing as you apparently are.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

I must see from every angle and give the reason who deserves it. for this case all the advice that I am receiving will be for me an experience of how to act in the future.
From now on I thank all those who have created time to respond in this open debate with their suggestions, and I end up drawing plans with constructive ideas.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Well, it turned out nice then.

The lesson I think we should all draw from this is that screen names are most definitely personal data...