Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeroen_1
Newcomer I

can you not select an answer on CISSP exam?

Hi,

the CISSP exam is adaptive but if you encounter a question where you really don't know what the answer is... should you not select an answer or guess?

Can you even skip a question?

Best regards,
Jeroen

17 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

IMHO Multi-guess exams are easier if you can go back and change an answer - CAT really rewards more care in initial answers.

Does ISC still offer invigilated paper based exams? If so it would seem that enforcing not going back on these would be tricky, maybe take away rubbers..? 😛

tldutton
ISC2 Team

No plans on EVER going back to paper-based exams.  I took my CISSP exam back in 2009 and it was on paper; a definite beast.

raganldavis
Viewer

Do you have to pass all the questions in each domain to be able to pass? I was told that you have to be proficient in ALL domains to pass.

abhattac5
Newcomer III

While it's not clear whether you have to pass all of the domains, it seems clear to me that you definitely have to come close.  Whatever it takes to get to the scaled score of 700, which mathematically would mean that at least proficiency in most of the domains would be required.

CEMyers
Newcomer III

If you consider that the CISSP is not domain specific, but gives members a good grounding across all the domains, why would you not be expected to attain a level of proficiency across all?

Anything else would be a domain specific qualification (isee CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP)

denbesten
Community Champion

@raganldavis wrote:

Do you have to pass all the questions in each domain to be able to pass?

From the FAQ:

Q: Does a candidate need to score “Above Proficiency” in all domains in order to pass the exam?

A: No. Candidates must score above proficiency level in order to pass the exam. However, a candidate does not need to score above the proficiency level in each area of the test plan to pass the exam. A single pass/fail result is calculated on the total of all operational items administered for the examination. ISC2 exams are compensatory exams which allow for a higher number of items answered correctly in one domain to compensate for a lower performance in another domain. If a candidate performs very well in a more heavily weighted domain where a high number of items are included on the exam and only performs “near proficiency” or even “below proficiency,” in a lesser weighted domain where a fewer number of items are included, there is a possibility that a candidate may pass the exam, but there is no guarantee.

Imran_sdq
Newcomer I

Is there a button to save answer to finalize it? or if i click on a choice A, B, C, D, my answer shall be saved? My question, if i select an answer, can i change it immediately before going to the next?

Thanks

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Not sure how the new tests work without the ability to review questions. Somebody with more recent experience might be able to help. There are different types of questions so I’d assume enter answer/submit is most likely the way to go here.

There should however be an example question or similar before you start the exam proper - the most important thing you really need to consider is that there is no review anymore, so getting the answer correct first time is critical.