Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Updated CISSP-ISSAP Books and Courses

On July 1, 2017 (ISC)² released a new CBK for the CISSP-ISSAP concentration that changed many of the domains.  

When should candidates that would like to pursue this concentration expect updated books and courses offered that cover the new common body of knowledge?

Inquiring minds what to know.

Paul

P.S. Now that I have seen the top of the CISSP and CCSP mountains, I am looking for the next one to climb.

43 Replies
Terminator
Newcomer II

Hi all,

I am also looking to take the Cissp-Issap exam and from your comments it seems that the book is not enough to pass the exam. Experience is essential (and we know this is true) but having the right guide is always best way to deal with any kind of questions but more important on day-to-day challenge. For example, the Edition 2 does not contain any chapter regarding Cloud Security.

Thanks.

Luciano

Textbook
Newcomer I

So a test is made based a common body of knowledge. All of of our experiences are different (20 years here) so an organization that presents a test to certify knowledge (15 yrs experience in education and test and quality assurance) must define the parameters of that common body of knowledge and present it in a test of composed of measurements of knowledge, comprehension and/or application of said cbk. The cbk frames and individuals mind and must be presented before such exam is administered. If it is not it is like asking someone to take a drivers test on US laws but actually giving them an international driving test.

Lol, you said cloud, referenced once on page 457 in the current book.

Sonny_2
Newcomer II

Does that also mean we have an accurate syllabus that reflect this domain name changes ?

Textbook
Newcomer I

response from isc2:

Thank you for your email.

The ISSAP second edition CBK is not based on the current domains of the concentration. At this time, however, it is the most up to date book available as a new one with the current domains has not been released as of yet. At this time, I would not have an ETA when the new book or material may be released.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding of the book. The exams, however, are experience based exams, so the CBKs are not exam preparation tools, but more of an all encompassing guide towards a full understanding of the domains and the information within those credentials. Again, I am sorry for any misunderstanding in regards to the CBK for the ISSAP. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Sonny_2

If you have not already, I would recommend looking at the Exam Outline (linked here and attached to the right), this is updated with the new domains and the weights for those domains. You can also see some suggested references here that may be helpful to you when preparing for the exam. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Textbook
Newcomer I

lol, outline doesn't match book or resources.
Sonny_2
Newcomer II

Not to worry, Might as well make a start, see how it goes.

Terminator
Newcomer II

Thanks @SamanthaO_isc2

I sent an email to EU ISC Support and a new version of the ISSAP book is expected for July 2018. Domains changed and a new guide is absolutely needed. Even if we are 100% Security Architect, a guide is always a good compare point with what we do and we could do in our work.

I am looking forward to getting the new ISSAP book.

In the meanwhile, we wait.............

Regards

FlyingDutchman
Newcomer II

really ?  i have  contacted them  and they said in the current year there are no plan to update current official cbk.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Apologies for any confusion, @FlyingDutchman. I should have stated the latest changes to the domains instead of just calling them "new." This change went into effect in July of 2017. You can find more information about that here

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager