Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Updated CISSP-ISSAP Books and Courses

On July 1, 2017 (ISC)² released a new CBK for the CISSP-ISSAP concentration that changed many of the domains.  

When should candidates that would like to pursue this concentration expect updated books and courses offered that cover the new common body of knowledge?

Inquiring minds what to know.

Paul

P.S. Now that I have seen the top of the CISSP and CCSP mountains, I am looking for the next one to climb.

43 Replies
amandavanceISC2

Yes, that is correct. The material that is listed at this time will be relevant until the content release.

Best - Amanda Vance

Dfarhadian
Newcomer I

Hi there,

Is this boot out yet?

Thanks

Kaity
Community Manager

Not sure yet!
Dfarhadian
Newcomer I

You mean you’re not sure if it’s out? Could you check?
Kaity
Community Manager

So sorry!! I typo'd! Meant to say "Not quite yet!"

I'm politely pestering for a release date and will share one as soon as I have it!

zlykot
Newcomer I

Is there a revision that is being planned to the ISSAP exam after the material is out?

Kaity
Community Manager

No, the ISSAP exam was updated in July of 2017 (we have details about that update on our website) so there is not another update coming this year. The 2nd edition of the ISSAP CBK is still the most comprehensive resource to use in preparation. If you are looking for a resource list, we have that online here - https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/References

I hope this helps! 

FlyingDutchman
Newcomer II

thanks for information.

As it seems, for the current year we can use second edition.

Textbook
Newcomer I

So the 2nd edition does not reflect the current test. I took and as much I hate to say it I missed the mark. However what threw me for a loop was, as in all failure cases, the prinout identifies the the Domains you are weakest to strongest in (top to bottom) and not one domain name matched the 2nd Edition book.  No wonder why I asked myself where they came up with some of these questions.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello, 

I wanted to supply an update on this. The new exam for the CISSP-ISSAP went into effect on July 1, 2017.  At that time, we decided not to update the book as we believe it was (and still is) a comprehensive resource that is relevant in preparing for the ISSAP. I did receive an update that the new training course should be available towards the end of June 2018.

You can find more information about the changes in this FAQ, including the update of the domain names and the weights for those domains. Please note, in the FAQ the date for the new training course is (at the time of this post) still stating Q4 of 2017. I have put in a request to have the new date of June 2018 updated there.

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager