Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Updated CISSP-ISSAP Books and Courses

On July 1, 2017 (ISC)² released a new CBK for the CISSP-ISSAP concentration that changed many of the domains.  

When should candidates that would like to pursue this concentration expect updated books and courses offered that cover the new common body of knowledge?

Inquiring minds what to know.

Paul

P.S. Now that I have seen the top of the CISSP and CCSP mountains, I am looking for the next one to climb.

43 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

The concentrations have never been popular with employers so in that regard its been a bit of a let down as far as practicality goes.

From what I have read and spoken to one person who has taken the exam since the CBK change is that the information needed to pass is still wrapped up in the bibliography. I would start there, download the listed .pdfs, read websites and see what books you already have in your library before buying new material. 

Seems to work for successful candidates for years now.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Terminator

I wanted to let you know that I double checked with our team, and we are not updating the book at this time. There will be a new course available in the timeframe that you mentioned, though. I apologize for any misinformation. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Adeel
Newcomer I

Hi Beads,

Did you manage to download reference materials?

Sonny_2
Newcomer II

Adeel,

Do you have a list ? I think I have most of the NIST

Beads
Advocate I

Much of the bibliography are .pdfs and a few choice books. Some of which I could also find electronically or had in my library already like Doug Landoll's Security Risk Assessment Handbook. Its old, needs to be updated but otherwise a good intro read. Other sources came from an old fashioned library lending service but cannot remember which, its been awhile. Anyway. No trouble to find more than enough information to pass the exam.
myanuzzi
Viewer

Is there any update on when the new CBK will be released?  We are past 2Q18 and there is still nothing available.  I just took my ISSAP exam and would really appreciate updated materials.

amandavanceISC2

Hello @myanuzzi

Thank you for your inquiry. As Samantha had mentioned in an earlier comment, our Education team has confirmed they will not be updating the CISSP-ISSAP CBK at this time. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

amandavanceISC2

Hello @myanuzzi

Thank you for your inquiry. As Samantha had mentioned in an earlier comment, our Education team has confirmed they will not be updating the CISSP-ISSAP CBK at this time. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

nancy_perez
Newcomer II

The CISSP-ISSAP is an appropriate credential if you’re a chief security architect or analyst. Typically, you work as an independent consultant or in a similar capacity.

CISSP - Information Systems Security Architecture Professional Courses

FlyingDutchman
Newcomer II

Hi there,

In general, i have some opinion,

Now, i have completed  ISSAP 2018 official (ISC)2 self-paced  Course and to my mind, official CBK (second edition) is a relevant material to prepare the exam.

There are a little bit updated information (2018 self-paced course), but if you are on-board  it will not be problem.

I will share my experience after take the exam.