Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayantThakur
Viewer II

Timeline for preparation

What is the average time line to prepare for the exam. How much time anyone should give on daily basis to crack the CISSP certification. 

2 Replies
bkwalker
Newcomer III

I don't think anyone can answer this question, it's going to depend on how you learn, what you already know and what time schedule works for you.  Any average would be pretty meaningless IMO.

abhattac5
Newcomer III

Personally, I don't think there's a "one size fits all" timeline for the CISSP. 

It's a very hard test, but the "difficulty" level depends on one's own experience, familiarity with the industry, time available to study (while juggling work / home / family etc), and resources available to purchase study tools.  Generally speaking >> If you have more time and money, it will be easier but not necessarily a slam dunk.  If you want to save money, you will probably need more time but can definitely pass with a good plan and lots of time spent for preparation.

You can read about my experience if you'd like.  I spent as little as I could and focused more on official resources and spending quite a bit of time studying on my own, but still managed to pass.

https://community.isc2.org/t5/CISSP-Study-Group/Passing-the-CISSP-My-Experience-Oct-2021/m-p/48366#M...

Hope that helped.  Good luck!