cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iuqazi19
Newcomer I

SSCP

Hi everyone,

I have completed CC certification and recently completed Security+ and GRC Mastery certifications.

My question is that is SSCP certification worth it and what advantage/edge would it give me in securing a job? Any preparation material that you folks suggest for preparing SSCP (in case if I proceed with it)?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Regards,

Inam

4 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @iuqazi19 - great timing on this question!

The SSCP exam actually just updated on Sunday to the latest version. The Exam Outline can be found here, which tells you about the content of the certification exam: https://www.isc2.org/certifications/sscp/sscp-certification-exam-outline

The SSCP is for folks with at least 1 year of relevant experience who are looking to work (or already working) in a technical role, like as a SOC Analyst or Security Administrator. 

I hope this helps! 

iuqazi19
Newcomer I

Thanks a lot Kaity,

I have more than 8 years of experience working in desktop support and technology consultant role which I think should cover the 1 year relevant experience required.

Regards,
Inam
Kaity
Community Manager

Also just to share our Qualification Pathfinder tool which might help you decide on a certification direction!

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/qualification-pathfinder 

emb021
Advocate I

@iuqazi19 As you said you have "8 years of experience working in desktop support and technology consultant role" have you looked to see if you met the qualifications for the CISSP??  The CISSP is much better known then the SSCP, (as well as the CC and Sec+).  Frankly, if you met the qualifications, getting the CISSP would make it much easier to obtain a job then the SSCP (or the CC or Sec+)

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow