Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msi
Newcomer I

Passed July 14th 2019

I just recently passed the exam after answering only 100 questions, which was a little scary because I was told that there would be some test questions which would not count to the exam result. Therefore I was convinced I failed when the exam ended just after 100 questions, but the result printout showed otherwise.

From from what I read in the community so far, I assume it will take some more weeks to get endorsed. Only, I am a little confused on the exam result.

After the exam I got a printout stating that the exam result are only provisionally and will be transmitted to ISC2 in the next 2-5 business days. The next morning I received an email that the result is still provisional and the next step would be to complete the endorsement.

So my question is if the email is the confirmation on the exam result and I need to wait for the endorsement to finish to become a CISSP or will there be an additional email of some form with the final exam result confirmation?

Also, is access to the ISC2 Dashboard granted only after the endorsement is through?

5 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congratulations!

The exam format and scoring policy states you will see 25 "pre-test" questions:

https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam#accordion-b910a90c529245f2b5c2946a120daa5d

So presumably this should be the case even if the CAT exam ends at 100 questions.

Endorsement can take up to 8 weeks after you submit your application, and your result is only provisional until your application is approved.

The piece of paper you receive at the test centre tells you your provisional result, the email you receive later is official confirmation of the provisional result and advises you to submit an endorsement application. At this point ISC2 have effectively confirmed they believe your result is correct. i.e. you haven't cheated.

Once your endorsement application is approved you will receive another email telling you that you have been approved and are now officially a CISSP. At that point or shortly after you will gain access to the Member Portal (including the dashboard).

Hope this helps!

msi
Newcomer I

Thanks, that clarifies it. So I'll wait and see what comes around.

Kaity
Community Manager

The email inviting you to begin the endorsement step is your confirmation of passing the exam. Congrats!
Rossva
Contributor I

Congrats Michael, welcome to the ISC2 community!

msi
Newcomer I

Thanks a lot and Rossva. 

Now I just have to wait until the endorsement is through. 🙂