Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamuelSancho
Newcomer I

Passed CISSP exam (22-03-2018)

Hi All, I have passed the CISSP exam two days ago and I would like to share my experience and how I pass the exam in order to help other people.

I have more than 15 years of experience in IT and more than 10 years in security so I think I had a knowledge about IT before to begin to study the exam.

I have take an online official course in October and began to study.  I have use and read during 6 months the next books and tools:

-CISSP Official Guide (very very long)

-CISSP Study Guide

-Official Practice Test App

My opinion about the exam:

It does not matter how many books you read, the exam is more about deeply understand the concepts. The exam questions are totally different from Practice App or any web page I found in Internet. I think it is a hard exam and you go through different moods during it, from "I'm good" to "I do not have time" or "I do not understand the questions", this last one especially if english is not your native language (as is my case)

As advise:,

-Read the books and be sure you understand the concepts.

-Use nmemonics to remember lists.

-Do as many practice test as you can.

-Once you have more than 75% or 80% of success consistently, go to the exam.

Good luck.

Samuel

23 Replies
xpensiv1
Newcomer III

Congratulations,

I am always happy to hear about successes. I see that you stated you ad many resources and apparently utilized them thus enhancing your chances of passing the exam. I was just speaking with a few of my co-workers who have many of the resources available to them and when quizzed failed miserably. When I asked them (3 of them) what they had been doing with their time and the resources provided to them the answers were; no time at work to study, had not started to go over the materials yet, the last one said that he just didn't understand the concepts of the domains not the questions on the quiz. My response was, you have 6 months to take and pass the exam or be out of work. Since month 6 is June I suggested a study group and study sessions during the last hour of the work day. The proposal was approved by senior management as long as there was documentation provided at the end of each session. The point I am getting at is; it is great to hear of an individual like yourself displaying self initiative, effective time management, and intestinal fortitude. When one strives to own the process(s) then success is pretty much assured. The three individuals of which I spoke have yet find the time to attend or utilize the resources or time made available by the organization.

You have earned a prestigious certification and have every right to be proud of your achievement.

I wish you much success in your future endeavors.  

nm1
Viewer

Congrats heey,i  want to start  the  course  but  i  am failing  to access the study  material,Can  you  help  me 

Regards

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @nm1

Can you give us a little more information about what you are trying to access - is this online training, finding resources, or something else?  Once we have this information, we would be more than happy to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
chewwleo
Reader I

Congratulations on passing the exam!