Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
first_cissp
Viewer II

Pass or fail

Hi everyone...I wrote the exam. The testing center was unable to print the test results. They did say when you proceed to end the exam it would display on the screen your areas of failure or pass. I don't know if he knows that for sure. I did not see any exam score displayed on the screen just thank you please proceed to pick up your results . Does anyone know?
6 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

If you pass the exam center should provide you with a provisional pass(and no score) printed there and then(I’ve sat three and that has always been the case). 

If you fail, I beleive you will be provided with a score broken down by domain.

If it doesn’t say anything or it was because of ISC2 some pure guesses, network was down or too slow, it was selected for audit or something else. But it it was just printer down then they owe you a print out, however ISC2 should also email you a pass/fail.

If you were doing the CISSP via CAT and you were given an limited number of questions you might infer that a pass was more likely than a fail(based on hearsay). Bottom line you should email member support with your candidate number and ask them what the status is.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You can also check your "exam history" on the Pearson VUE website for your result.

first_cissp
Viewer II

Hi everyone I checked and failed I'm just waiting for the exam breakdown. So going to schedule and write again next month. My approach 2000 questions from CCURE and 1000 questions from Sybex. Shon Harris videos. I felt the exam was very different like what is "best" approach out of the possible answers. I had originally scheduled the exam jan 26. However jan 13th, I found the ccure 2000 questions database. I answered all 2000 questions and go back and re take the test on the ones I got wrong. For each wrong one I go back to the section of the book and reread the section as to why I got it wrong. I finished round 1 of the first pass earlier this week Tuesday without doing a complete retest of the wrong ones hence it would of been nice for an extra week. My first pass trending score was in the 68 percent so obviously I needed more time but I already rescheduled the exam a few times last year due to work and didn't want to take the hit and reschedule again. I'm not working since dec 21 and have been studying everyday since then. I believe with more practise questions and retesting and reading the section for the questions I got wrong, I should be ok. Just don't read the answer from the question bank but also read the section of the book for "understanding" and reinforcing the learning part.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Ah, that's a shame, but glad you're keen to persevere.

There are plenty of threads on here about how to approach the exam the second time around.

itsecengCPIC
Newcomer I

Did this happen?

Important Information on (ISC)² Exams

One of the benefits to candidates taking an examination via CBT is that most candidates receive their scores immediately upon completing their examination. In some cases, however, in order to ensure it is providing accurate and valid test results, (ISC)² must conduct periodic psychometric analyses before it can release exam results. For the small number of candidates affected by this process, the candidates will receive their results within 4-6 weeks after taking the exam. (ISC)² apologizes in advance for inconvenience to those candidates who will not receive their pass/fail status at the test centers.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Even if your exam attempt is selected for additional psychometric analysis you still get a printout at the end of the exam letting you know what's going on - this happened to me when I took my CISSP exam.

This only seems to occur when exams have been updated and applies to the first x number of people who sit the new test. Their results are held back so ISC2 can be assured the new exam is fit for purpose. I assume if everyone who sat the test failed they'd know the new test is too hard, while if everyone passed they'd know it's too easy, etc. etc.

I think in this case the reason for no printout having been issued was just simply an issue with the test centre's printer.