Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shagdog1976
Newcomer I

PCIP (PCI-DSS) cert study material?

Do any of you have the PCIP from PCI-DSS? If so what do you recommend studying?

Thanks!

7 Replies
planois
Newcomer III

I have the PCIP. As far as I know, there is nothing available other than the PCI's official training. I am not aware of any study material other than what is freely available on the PCI's website under the section "Educational Resources".

dkozlov
Viewer II

If you meant that to become PCIP - read standard PCI DSS. Most topics and questions from it.

Shagdog1976
Newcomer I

Thanks and did you take the course or just read the info from their site then take the test? Is this a hard test and did you study much for it?

dkozlov
Viewer II

Yes, I took the course. I liked the course at this date.
I don't study much for it, but I had more than 3 years of experience in this. I did assesment (with QSA), pentests, and had experience at processing center.

Right now I am at the time of Requalification. I bought cource (because it is 250vs150$ - not so much), but there are no significant updates and I have mixed feelings...

So if you have relevant experience and speak well in English 🙂 it would be not so hard, otherwise buy course.

Dean
Viewer II

Sad thing is they didn't have this when I did PCI-DSS and PFI.   and they won't grandfather you in either.  But glad they finally figured out that you should be able to take something with you when you leave the comapny you did PCI work for.

Shagdog1976
Newcomer I

That helps, much appreciated!

Jekylmeister
Viewer II

I passed the exam today.  The only independent study material I found was a book of sample tests written by Linda Jones.   I think it helped.