Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBL
Reader I

New ISSEP CBK status update

Does anyone know when the new ISSEP CBK will be published? 

9 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@JBL Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA on when the new ISSEP CBK will be released. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

Myles
Reader I

Hello,

I too am looking for the CISSP-ISSEP CBK.  Since it is not yet available, how current is the "Official (ISC)2 ISSEP Self-Paced Training?"  If one were to purchase the self-paced training would the current training cover the key components of the ISSEP exam? Also, does an official ISC2 member get any discounts or a promotional value for self-paced training? 

I would really like to start reviewing something soon.  I know many people have been waiting about a year or so for updated ISSEP, ISSMP, and ISSAP materials.  I would like to start training for one of them but which one would have the most current materials available for their associated exams? I believe the certification tests were updated already (Aug 2018).  Any recommendations?

@Myles Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on the CBKs for the concentrations; however, I can confirm that the new self-paced training will be available in Q3 for the ISSAP, ISSEP, and ISSMP. The new self-paced training will be updated material. You will have a total of 120 days from the date of purchase to complete the self-paced training. Please note, there are no discounts on the self-paced training unless our sales team is running a promotion. To get more information on the new self-paced concentration training, please feel free to reach out to them at info@isc2.org.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

CraginS
Defender I

tommym89
Newcomer I

I took the ISSEP exam after preparing extensively using the self-paced training and failed due to the fact that only about 5% of the content on the exam had anything at all to do with the content in the ISSEP training. 100% waste of money and unfortunately there are no other preparation materials available due to the fact that the CBK has not been released, as you mentioned, @Miles.

jumblerr
Newcomer I

Thanks for the heads up here. The ISSEP was my last exam (I've passed all others) but I failed it today. The 2005 CBK doesn't match up well to the current domain structure. I wish ISC2 would update!!!

JBL
Reader I

I have the other certs too but decided to hold off even studying until the new CBK was released. 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Hi @jumblerr,

I was watching your progress over on the other site - shame you missed out on the sweep this time!

In the absence of an updated CBK, @ToniHahn has provided a list of the most common references used for the ISSEP by domain:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/New-ISSEP-Official-Guide-and-or-training-for-the-March-...

I and others have used this information to study for and pass the ISSEP recently.

Good luck with your next attempt!

jumblerr
Newcomer I

Thanks Alec! I totally took the wrong direction for this exam...After I took it today I know how to attack, and using your resources will make it a ton easier! Just a shame, I really thought I had it! It must have been close!!