Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LArchinal
Newcomer II

Is there a good timeline for the new ISSEP CBK coming out?

I am looking forward to taking the CISSP-ISSEP certification exam but all the reviews about the old CBK say it is outdated. Also I was given a list of recommended resources which help but I am curious as to when the new CBK is coming out. Could you help me out?

13 Replies
Xdbuix
Newcomer I

Thank you Samantha!

I just purchased the self study course. However, I am unable to access the ISSEP study material due to the restrictions placed by ISC2 as seen below. My exam is in 5 weeks. Is there any way to open up the material so I can focus my efforts on the ISSEP exam?

Thank you again!

• The ISSEP concentration builds upon the CISSP credential and provides mastery of the specialized area of engineering. So before you begin the content for the CISSP-ISSEP, we would like you to refresh your CISSP knowledge.
  • After you have had 3 weeks of access to this CISSP Self-Paced Refresher module, then the ISSEP Domain 1 will be made available to you. Each successive domain will be released 1 week after the previous.
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Xdbuix

I reached out to the team who can best help you with this, and it seems they are assisting you with this offline. They will be the best people to work with in order to address this with you. If there is something else we can assist you with here on the Community, please do not hesitate to let us know. 

Best, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
tommym89
Newcomer I

@Xdbuix, can you do me a favor and PM me to let me know if you passed your exam? I did not pass after taking the self-paced training because the exam had almost nothing on it that was actually mentioned at all in the training.

Xdbuix
Newcomer I

Hi Tommy,

Unfortunately, I did not pass as well. I was extremely close.

I agree with your assessment of the course material. I've reviewed other poster's suggested material, went to an in person boot camp (I scored better than my own teacher), as well prepped using multiple and a variety of sources. 

I plan on taking the exam again. Please do not give up on this exam!