cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awahl90
Viewer

ISSAP Preparation

Hey everyone,

I recently passed the CISSP exam and am looking to continue my pursuit by going after the ISSAP concentration.  With that being said, I've got the official CBK book along with relevant resources outlined on the website.  My question: are there any relevant bootcamps / study groups / methodologies that I could use in addition to reading the above materials?

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Did you see that ISC2 have an offer on Concentration training + exam bundles at the moment?

https://www.isc2.org/Training/Online-Self-Paced/concentrations-bundle-promo

NB - I've heard some people rave about the ISSAP version of the training, although, conversely, I've heard some other not so positive reviews, but there's not much else out there.

When you mention relevant resources outlined on the website, I assume you mean the suggested reference list, which is all I used to pass: https://www.isc2.org/issap-cbk-references

In terms of methodologies, this one is tried and tested: https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/ISSAP-Passed-Study-Sharing/td-p/13660 

I'm not aware of many specific study groups, in fact the only one I know is on LinkedIn but I'm not sure how active it is: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2668187/

Good luck!

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Just follow the references at the back of each of the CBKs in the official textbook.  That combined with your general work experience in InfoSec should be sufficient to pass the exam.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
Beads
Advocate I

Keep in mind that the ISSAP is based on the "tougher" to answer CISSP main body of questions. Read the chapters and pay keen attention to the bibliography and have fun.

Past experience tells me the exam should have been more difficult but wasn't. Then again, I took the exam way back when 700 people had the credential. Perhaps its changed somewhat but I doubt it.

- b/eads

super
Viewer II

I purchased the exam with the training bundle two months ago and only studied from ISC2 official training materials thinking I've done the right thing in my studying path. On practice exams, from the official training material, I've scored perfect throughout the domains as well as the overall assessment. I've read the contents twice and also watched the video clips twice. I took the exam yesterday (July 12, 2020) and failed.

I am extremely unsatisfied with the official training material from ISC2 as it only covers about 2% (or less) of what was on the exam. Their training material only briefly touches on the subject. Not recommending this at all.

For those that may also wonder on the exam dumps you may find on the Internet - don't waste your time and money if it's ISC2 exam.  

dmichaud
Newcomer I

Hello,

I am in the same case, I passed CISSP and now thinking about ISSAP.

Syllabus is "old" and this time I have a limited trust that you confirm.

Is there informartion somewhere about the release of a 3rd edition?

Regards,

David

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

David,

The CBKs wouldn't be massively impacted by changing technology as this is an architecture exam.  I'd accept the BCP/DR and network security CBKs may have moved on a little, but the others will remain valid.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
dmichaud
Newcomer I

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your answer. Indeed, I don't expect a huge change.

However, I was wondering if the 2nd Syllabus was already covering these kind of topics which appeared in the last CISSP CBK:

• Privacy by Design
  • Cloud Computing
  • Micro-services
  • Containerization
  • Serverless
  • Edge Computing
  • Quantum Computing
  • Machine learning & AI

Best regards,

David