Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lacey526
Newcomer I

ISC(2) CC Practice Exam - Different Material Than What was Covered In ISC(2) CC Modules

Hello everyone, 

I just finished my ISC(2) CC training class today, took and passed the post class assessment; I made a low A grade on the assessment. I am registered to take the exam on Saturday. I decided to do some research and found some ISC(2) CC practice tests on Udemy. Well, when taking the practice test there was a lot of questions about material I did not recall reading anything about. Not just a few, a lot. at least 30% of the questions. I have done some searching in the take-a-away PDFs I download after finished each module, and cannot find this content in the material. I am wondering if any of you have experience a similar thing? I am worried now about how much knowledge I truly have before taking this exam on Saturday, or is this just not a good practice test and covering more advance material? Does ISC(2) have their own practice test for the CC exam? 

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to hearing your response(s).

-Lacey 

8 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Udemy and ISC2 are obs not the same entities. I think if you learn all of the info in the ISC2 training plus follow the exam outline you should be knowledgable enough to pass the test. I’ve not sat it but from what I’m seeing it’s pretty basic.

There unfortunately isn’t a published CBK or self paced guide for the CC - however you might pick up SSCP or CISSP books or even Security+ for additional coverage and ISC2 also sell two other packages beyond the exam Anf 50 bucks AMF thereafter.

So as you don’t have much time why not make a list of all the Udemy points you didn’t have knowledge on and learn those - can’t promise they really map well to the ISC2 domains however doing this will set you mind at ease with regards to your main concern.

Good luck!

DMuller
Newcomer I

Watch these videos by Mike Chapple: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/isc2-certified-in-cybersecurity-cc-cert-prep/cybersecurity-1512123... 

There is a lot of info here that is not covered in the self-study course material for extra background.

Lacey526
Newcomer I

Thank you so much! I appreciate you sharing. 🙂
Lacey526
Newcomer I

Thank you so much for your advise. I’ve been studying all the points I didn’t understand! 🤞
jamm
Viewer

I wonder how did you ultimately do, did you pass on your first attempt? I have read and heard that the modules do not properly prepare for the exam. 

LuigiBruno
Newcomer I

Hello @Lacey526.

I've also used the courses in Udemy, as well as a course from Mike Chapple in LinkedIn Learning (https://www.linkedin.com/learning/cert-prep-isc2-certified-in-cybersecurity-cc) and the "CC Certified in Cybersecurity All-in-One Exam Guide" book (https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Cybersecurity-All-One-Guide/dp/1265203814/) and its related online test bank.
I've already passed the CompTIA Security+ exam, therefore many topics and concepts were not new to me when I've taken and passed the CC exam at the end of November.

Bye.

Tiandrac24
Viewer

Hello, 

I took the exam and I felt it was really different from the textbook that I purchased. It almost felt like I was studying for a different exam.

Byronvaz47
Viewer II

i just took mine i studied like crazy went and redid the modules again i did the practice exams multiple times scoring around 80-90%. i Felt i was ready i knew i was ready for the cybersecurity certificate Exam. Well today i went to take the test and maybe around 10-15 questions out of 100 were actually about the modules and the Terminology i studied so hard for, i completely failed the test. it was baffling and i was mind blown how different and how all the practice exams and all the key words, the terminology had almost nothing to do with the test.