Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romatlo
Viewer

How to submit work experience to ISC2?

Hello,

I am a new candidate.

I've been working for several years in at least 2 domains.

I have not taken the CISSP certification test yet, haven't even started studying yet.

Should I start by submitting my already completed work history?

If so, how would I do that?

Thanks,

romatlo

2 Replies
funkychicken
Contributor I

When you pass your CISSP you will get an email with a link to the endorsement page. 

This will allow you to submit a new application. 

This is done via the Certification/Application and Endorsement link, then the Certificate Application link. This will take you to the Endorsement page where you can submit the information. 

Here is the criteria that needs to be submitted:

Steps to Certification

1. Get Started - Click New Certification Application
  2. Certification Type - Select the certification that you are applying for
  3. Membership Type - Choose ISC2 Member of Associate(Associate and CC candidates skip steps 4-6)
  4. Request Endorsement - Enter your Endorser's last name and ISC2 member number
  5. Experience Waiver - If applicable, request an Experience Waiver.
  6. Job History - Detail your experience.
  7. Review Application - Review your information prior to submission

It is beneficial for you to know an existing CISSP if possible or just send it to ISC2 for verification. For the work, it is beneficial if you have documents with all the sensitive information taken out. For example I submitted BCDR plans for the business and Air Gapped firewall solution for a SCADA deployment on a Brand new AD forest. Along with this I submitted my CISSP colleague. The documentation was diagrams and pdf files with the project and scope of delivery and sign off from the company. It is also good to show  your experience like you would have on your CV or something in the Job History section. It was difficult for me because I had that much experience with a lot of things I could not fit everything on but see if you can get as much as you can on there. 

If you can get your work history and supporting documentation about the work you have done - for example a DR recovery plan, a new security policy you have contributed to, a document for training users why it is bad to write your password to a sticky note on the monitor, then all this is supporting documentation. Take out the company sections and remove any sensitive content such as IP information or username information. 

Once you have submitted the application it will be there on your profile in your history and you can see your application status. But I will say, when you submit it and passed, give it at least 6 weeks before you hear anything because the endorsement isn't very quickly. If after 6 weeks you still have nothing then make a post on here and one of the communication members will nudge the endorsement team for you, they are very helpful with this. 

I hope this helps

dcontesti
Community Champion

I would wait until you have taken the exam.  Not sure that the organisation will keep information on file for non-members.  Once you pass the exam, you will be required to complete the endorsement process.

https://www.isc2.org/endorsement?queryID=aed951968f4d08b46020e7d1e271c9b4

Regards