Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munish3420
Newcomer II

How to practice questions for SSCP exam ?

Dear Experts,

I have read CBK and all in One book of SSCP, I have attended the Plural Sight course for SSCP. 

I have gone through all questions in these two books as well as downloaded the SSCP official app for questions. 

I am getting 85-90% correct. Please suggest me some source where i can get atleast 1000 questions to practice for SSCP ?

Or shall I go through questions of CISSP ?

Regards,

Munish Kumar

16 Replies
thorstenvogt
Viewer II

Hi Munish,

I used the SSCP practice test at Cybrary for my exam preparation. It has about 250 questions. 

Beside the "All in one Book" I also read the "Official Study Guide" by Sybex, containing 160 questions and access to an online learning environment with 125 questions.

Regards,

Thorsten

munish3420
Newcomer II

Great Thanks for your reply. I will do the same.

I hope i will pass the exam

Regards,
Munish Kumar
Srikanth
Viewer

Hi Munish,

Can you please share your exam experience.
munish3420
Newcomer II

Hi Srikanth,

It was good. I passed the exam. Very few questions were straight forward. 

It was very tough exam, i postponed the exam in Nov to Feb. It was right decision to give more time. 

After going through first 10 questions, I thought I am going to fail. But i took small break and relaxed.

I completed all 125 questions in 140 minutes. I was left with around 40 minutes, in this time i went through questions which i had doubt and flagged during first read. 

It's felt really good when I saw the result. 

Regards,

Munish Kumar

munish3420
Newcomer II

Thanks a lot Everyone for help here. I am waiting for final confirmation. I am preparing for CISSP now. 

Regards,

Munish Kumar

n_vyas1
Newcomer II

Hello Munish,

What kind of exam format exists in SSCP exam?

In CISSP, the exam format is based on CAT algorithm, in which once you submit the answer, we can not return back for review purpose.

I read your discussion & assume that FLAG system is still there in SSCP exam?

Is that true?

-N.Vyas

munish3420
Newcomer II

Hi,

Yes, you can flag questions in This exam. i could do that. 

Regards,

Munish Kumar

awewale
Viewer II

Hi,

I am hoping you have gone for the SSCP exams since your last post. If not, just dedicate the next 4 weeks to studying and you will make it.

Just passed my SSCP exams today (24th September).

Just over the moon and I feel I should share my good news and preparation experiences with you all.

I was into Project Management and I am trying to move into IT Security (Currently and IT Manager).

I will say my experience in info sec is below average but I am learning fast.

I booked my exams exactly 5weeks ago (16th August) and has been studying minimum 3 hours a day (Monday to Friday) 8 hours Saturdays and Sundays.

My main study materials were:

1:            SSCP Official Study Guide-George B. Murphy

2:            All In One SSCP Exam Guide Darril Gibson (2nd Edition)

3:            Pluralsight SSCP video training (Jason Helmick) 29euros per month – 1-month subscription

4:            LinkedIn SSCP video training (Mike Chapple) Free 0ne month subscription

5:            Edusum practice tests (free practice test, didn’t subscribe)

In my opinion, it wasn’t a bad experience, I am however, so happy that self-study was enough to pass. I wish I could see my score (maybe in the full report after the psychometric and forensic evaluation).

Wish everyone studying towards this exam and any other certification exams the very best.

My next step is to start preparing for my CISSP.

Feel free to ask any question regarding the SSCP exam preps and hopefully I can assist.

Thanks.

raghunadal25
Viewer II

Hi All,

Today I failed my 1st attempt of SSCP exam, I had prepared for around 2 months for this. I studied the following materials.

1. SSCP Official Study Guide - George Murphy

2. Pluralsight

3. Sybex and even test questions from various sites and CISSP questions as well.

I don't know why, but exam questions were totally different than what I had studied. I was getting good grades in practice tests, but the exam was too tough for me. Can someone help me understand where I must be going wrong? It would be really helpful for my second attempt. Aso, please let me know if I am missing out on any important study material for preparation. Thank you.