cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scasc
Newcomer II

Cissp ISSAP online self paced training

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the CISSP-ISSAP self paced online training from ISC2 covers the syllabus fully and is enough to tackle the exam? Coupled with experience of course. Or does this need to be reviewed in conjunction with the CBK? Bearing in mind the course synopsis mentions:

"This course is designed for the chief security architect or analyst. Drawing from the comprehensive Informational Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®), the course provides a deep understanding of the broad spectrum of topics included in the CBK® and addresses new threats, technologies, regulations, standards and practices."

Assuming it covers the CBK and is a continuation? 

Best wishes.

8 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Personally I found reading the CBK book and following up on the reference at the end of each chapter was sufficient for the exam.  It depends on how you learn though.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
scasc
Newcomer II

Thanks for the response Steve. Am looking to do the training over a week before going for the exam owing to a job requirement so kind of hoping I can get what I need from the training by going over it quickly.

Badfilemagic
Contributor II

I used the self-paced training for the ISSEP and I passed the test first try just this Friday. I didn't feel under prepared using that, but its also directly related to my work.

-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
scasc
Newcomer II

Many thanks for the response. Sounds reassuring. 

Anyone else who has done ISSAP self paced training?

johnsnow
Viewer III

Congratulations on passing your CISSP-ISSAP!
It's good to know that you found ISC2's self-study resources useful and adequate for exam preparation, especially when someone can't afford training courses. I'm also preparing for the exam and would like to confirm the CBK book you mentioned, is it Official (ISC)2® Guide to the ISSAP® CBK ((ISC)2 Press) 2nd Edition?

In addition to the CBK book, would you recommend any other resources?

Many thanks,
John Snow
scasc
Newcomer II

Hi John,

I have not done the exam or cert. I was initially enquiring about the best resources to use. When I reached out to ISC2, they mentioned that the online course is not complete and one has to go over the CBK (same book you mentioned), references inside that book as well plus the online course - though it seems the consensus is that CBK + references/bibliography online the way is the way to go forward.

Myself, I am looking at other GIAC certs as it is what I prefer. 

Best of luck. 

majeedmm
Viewer II

Hi Steve,

which CBK book did you use to prepare for the exam? is it Official (ISC)2® Guide to the ISSAP® CBK, Second Edition? 

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

It was the 1st edition, but then I did take the exam quite some time ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS