Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taymaay
Viewer III

Certification for Cybersecurity (CC) Self-Paced course

Hello. I am the process of completing, "Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Self-Paced" course. 

Once completed and passed the test what is the title of the certificate that I will be receiving and is it compatible to the comptia cyber security cert? 

Also, with the certificate i receive at the end of course and exam is it beneficial for any security job with any company or just ISC?

1 Reply
emb021
Advocate I

@taymaay wrote:

"Once completed and passed the test what is the title of the certificate that I will be receiving and is it compatible to the comptia cyber security cert?"

By test I assume you mean the CC exam?  

Once you completed and PASSED the exam you will need to complete an application, at which point you will be awarded the CERTIFICATION (its NOT a certificate) called the "Certified in Cybersecurity", AKA the CC.

I would say its equivalent to CompTIA's Security+ cert.

"Also, with the certificate i receive at the end of course and exam is it beneficial for any security job with any company or just ISC?"

Don't know what you mean by "beneficial for any security job with any company or just ISC?"  ISC2 is a certification organzation.  They aren't going to hire you.  You will be a member of ISC2 and as noted on another thread, there is a forum here that folks post jobs that you may be able to apply for. 

Having the CC is an equivalent to having the Sec+.  It tells potential employers that you have a baseline of knowledge about infosec, such that they may want to talk with you.  They won't get you a job.  YOU will with your attitude, skills, knowledge, and experience.

And as I always recommend, you should join local infosec groups like your local chapters of ISSA, ISC2, ISACA, etc and network with infosec peers as this could lead to finding out about jobs.  I would really recommend you do this sooner then later as your questions concern me about your understanding of what certifications are (and aren't), what ISC2 is (and isn't) and how the industry works.

Hope this helps.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow