Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krsna1985
Newcomer I

Can I use udemy CISSP video tutorials for CPE credits to write the exam

Instead for self paced training in ISC2 or training from any institute can I use udemy tutorial videos to learn and write the CISSP exam.
7 Replies
JKWiniger
Community Champion

I am not fully understanding what you are asking... what do you mean by write the exam? are you working with the ISC2 to write exam questions? Otherwise udemy videos count for CPEs.

John-

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You can use any source you want to study for the CISSP exam but it's best to use ones that others have had success with though - I can't comment on this particular source.

In terms of the CPEs, judging by the badge system on here, you don't currently have any ISC2 certifications, so you won't be able to use the time you spend studying for the CISSP to count as CPEs for any ISC2 certifications.

If you are an Associate of ISC2 (they don't have a badge on here) then yes, you could use the time spent studying for the CISSP to count as CPEs for your existing ISC2 certification.

If you hold other certifications from other certification vendors that use CPEs to maintain their certifications as opposed to having to retake the test every so often to recertify, then quite possibly you can use the time you spend studying for the CISSP to count as CPEs but you should check with your certification vendor to confirm that.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@JKWiniger wrote:

I am not fully understanding what you are asking... what do you mean by write the exam? are you working with the ISC2 to write exam questions? Otherwise udemy videos count for CPEs.

John-

Some people say they are writing an exam, meaning they are taking an exam. This comes from paper based tests where you do actually write the answers with a pen or pencil.

Krsna1985
Newcomer I

Thanks Alec
JKWiniger
Community Champion

Never knew that, thanks for explaining it. Now I feel old because I actually took my exam with paper and pencil... still remember the tunnel vision when looking up after looking at the test for hours!

John-

CraginS
Defender I

@Krsna1985 wrote:
Instead for self paced training in ISC2 or training from any institute can I use udemy tutorial videos to learn and write the CISSP exam.

Krishna,

To reinforce other replies, you can use any material you wish to prepare for the exam. There is no required course or guide or book, and there is no required measure of time or credits needed before you take the exam. When you feel prepared, sit for the exam.

That said, starting with the official (ISC)2 CBK book is a good idea. My primary source yeas ago was a Shon Harris book. 

Next, to be clear, Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits apply only to ongoing education and training after you hold a certification. 

Good luck and congratulations on your decision to pursue certification.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Krsna1985
Newcomer I

Thanks Cragin, now I am clear.