cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Viewer

CISSP question

Hi Everyone, 

I am studying to take the CISSP test and I came across a discrepancy in material on BIA. is the MTD = RTO + WRT or is  the MTD > RTO + WRT?

appreciate the guidance

MAP

Tags (2)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: CISSP question

Equals.  You must recover the systems, then you must recover the work the systems perform.

---
I've always said, "There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not."
Highlighted
Viewer

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Champion

My response may be an oversimplification of the process, but yes, you add the recovery time objective to the work recovery time to get your MTD.

Just keep in mind that the MTD itself is the maximum length of time a business can survive without access to critical resources.  Ideally, you do want the RTO and WRT to be less than your maximum tolerable downtime... but you have to budget for both elements in your planning.

---
I've always said, "There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not."
Highlighted
Community Champion

@Map 

Did a little searching and found this: https://defaultreasoning.com/2013/12/10/rpo-rto-wrt-mtdwth/ 

It seems to be a good graphical explanation.

John-

Highlighted
Community Champion

Great find!  Bookmarking that for later.

---