Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekeller1984
Newcomer II

Last Minute CISSP Question

I am going to schedule my exam. Have done pretty well on Sybex and aced Pocket Prep questions. Going to schedule it. Any last minute tips or specific areas to study again real quick?
6 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Yea,

Your brain needs to be running in tip-top condition, like a well oiled machine.  I recommend studying one or more of the following domains: Play with the kids, work out, watch a movie, have a good meal and get a good night's sleep.  

Experience and a calm head will will help you select the best (or least worst) answer for each question much more effectively than cramming in a few more obscure facts ever would.

AppDefects
Community Champion

Yoda advice.PNG

DurhamFly
Newcomer I

I took my exam today and failed...:(   

Two lessons learned:

Learn Scenarios as best you can and test yourself as to the best time of day you are for taking an exam... - be sure you know what words mean.... don;t assume

Second - I fell into a trap where when I passed the hundred mark, I pretty much gave up hope - DON'T!!!  This I believe was my biggest mistake - the exam mechanics are trying to help you not fail you...

JoeB_IG
Newcomer II

Don't consume a lot of coffee before the test...

Seriously, I had to use the restroom, but I didn't, and I feel like that sense of doom that comes with a full bladder affected my ability to properly concentrate.

Also - don't pull an all-nighter... make sure you are rested.  Follow your routine to the best of your ability.

jasonmedhurst
Reader II

My 2 tips would be.

Think like a manager not a techie.

Trust your gut instinct and don't change your answers unless you are 100% certain.
dcontesti
Community Champion

Read the question and try not to read anything into it.......